Google redirect isses

Hi, Im hoping someone can help me as this is causing me a major headache as Im embarrassed that a lot of people Ive sent emails to (containing links to a few of my web sites) appear to be having their PCs attacked.

I have been using Malwarebytes free version for a while now and it is has helped me clear a few things in the past, however, Ive recently experienced the problems below so I decided to buy the full version which Ive just done, howver Ive now hit a problem with that aswell.

Ill explain the initial problems then at the biottom Ive added on whats happened when Ive tried to install the full version.

I have read the "what to do if infected" sticky but Im sorry to say I didnt quite understand what it was asking me to do so apologies if Ive broken some sort of protocol by just piling straight in with the problem !!

What has happened on a couple of occasions is people have told me when they go two of my sites via a link on an email Ive sent them their AntiVirus system says theres a problem and their system is being attacked.

If I go direct to these two sites however (or they do) its ok but if I (or they) try and go from say a google search (or the link in my initial email) to either site and click on the link it tries and goes to a different site - its a scam site trying to sell an antivirus software.

The strange thing is its not happening on any of my other sites, for example if they try and click on the third site in my email nothing happens, they go to the site no problem.

So to summarise whats happening is;

Scenario 1

If it enter mysite1.co.uk or mysite2.co.uk directly into my browser I go to the sites no problem.

Scenario 2

If though I do a search on google for mysite1.co.uk or mysite2.co.uk and click on the resultant links I get redirected to a scam site

If I then do a search for mysite3.co.uk and click on the link I dont get redirected which initially makes me think its a mysite1/mysite2 related issue? (maybe the site themselves been infected with malware)

Scenario 3

If though I go to the link section on mysite3.co.uk and click the mysite1.co.uk or mysite2.co.uk link I dont get redirected which then makes me think its a google redirect issue? (And my sites cant have malware otherwise surely the same thing would happen as in scenario 2?)

Scenario 4

So I then tried another search engine and clicked on the footybits result and again, got attacked so its obviously not just google related.

I think perhaps somehow this just a PC based issue with my PC and the people who are being affected are those that have clicked an infected mail Ive sent them.

What I cant understand though is why its only happening with mysite1 and mysite2 and not mysite3?

I have ran a full scan with Malwarebytes and its not found anything so Im at a loss really so Im hoping theres someone on here whose seen this sort of thing before and can help me out ?

OK - so that was the story up until 10 minutes ago. Situation now is after a full scan on the free Malwarebytes nothing was found so I purchased the full version.

Ive followed the instructions to the letter but got an error message saying ....

An error occured while trying to replace the existing file;

Deletefile failed; code5.

Access id denied.

It didnt recommend I carried on so I didnt.

Im not sure whether this issue is related to any malware on my PC or maybe because Ive already got Malwarebytes on there?

Please help as Im at a loss to what to do now ????

Cheers

Mick

:)

Download Combofix from this webpage: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" .

Note:

Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!