Loss of dispaly colors after scan

Well if you are getting the green screen even in DOS (Bios screen) and in safe mode, then its more than likely that video card because both the Bios screen and the safe mode do not really use vidoe drives, it uses a generic driver built on to the card just to display in basic mode so you can see on the screen. But if you see green always then replace the video card....

That was my point. She never said she had a spare card. It was either the monitor, cable or video card. She swapped out the monitor many messages ago. And the MB/OS provides either 16 or 256 colors with no drivers. So it was either MB or video card - she had a video card, ergo; a 5-minute swap out instead of all the wasted time. But when she said "Nietzsche" I was hoisted by my own petard.. err.. ahh.. signature. :P

Then again; I've been playing with computers for 31 years; what would I know? :P

~Shy

:P :P

Very good one.. I stand corrected. :)

~Shy

If you stick that tongue out at me again i'm gonna cut it off. :)

Besides, Firefox is easier to hear.

"If there's peace to be found in the world, A heart that was humble might hope for it here!." Thomas Moore (1780-1852)

Well if you are getting the green screen even in DOS (Bios screen) and in safe mode, then its more than likely that video card because both the Bios screen and the safe mode do not really use vidoe drives, it uses a generic driver built on to the card just to display in basic mode so you can see on the screen. But if you see green always then replace the video card....

Ok... Will do. Thank You again. Have a Happy 4th.