IE 8 wont work after deleting AntiMalware doctor with MWB

Ayame

Hi Everyone,

First of all im not that great with computers but recently i got infected with antimalware doctor... i couldnt use or do a thing... I found out about MWB and used it and got rid of the malware.. but now my Internet explorer doesnt work and im using firefox.. i know FF is better but i still wanna keep on using IE8 on Windows 7 ultimate.. however each time i try to find an url on IE it says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

. I tried installing a new IE8 but i couldnt find a version for windows 8 on Microsoft page... what can i do does anyone have any suggestions?

Thankyou

Hi Atame -

Please see if you can try this first - The infection can alter your internet settings -

• Open Internet Explorer
  • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser
  • Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options
  • Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up
  • Click on the Connections tab
  • Click on the LAN settings button
  • Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it
  • Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window
  • Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window
  • Use this diagram as a guide

Disable Internet Explorer Proxy Settings and Reset TCP/IP

It is very important that these steps be carried out exactly as shown otherwise the fix will not work.

If you have any questions please ask before moving on.

• Please start Notepad and using your mouse make sure you select and copy all the information below in the Code box into your new document.
  • Then save the file as "fixme.bat" to your Desktop - The .bat extension is important
  • In the drop down box for Save as type: make sure you select All Files (*.*) and keep the quotes on the name as well. Then close the new file.
    @ECHO OFF
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /f
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyOverride /f
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

• On Windows XP you can double-click the file to run it.
  • On Vista/Win7 you need to Right click the file and choose Run as administrator to run it. With User Account Control on it should ask permission to run it. Click Yes
  • This will flash a black DOS box very quickly and go away, this is normal.
  • Restart your computer now.
  • Launch Internet Explorer and see if you can connect to the Internet.

The live Internet Explorer link in my signature below is usually enough to get to I.E.8 updates / installs - Click on it first and see if that is the link you want -

If not I will try and find another link -

Thank You -