I have the following:

Windows XP Home Edition, SP3

McAfee VirusScan 8.7 av

MBAM Pro

SAS

WinPatrol Plus

Windows Firewall

Web browser: Mozilla Firefox

I don't think my computer is reinfected. However, after doing some cleanup removing unused programs, updating drivers and upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007, MBAM Pro and WinPatrol Plus were no longer in my start up list and system tray. I added WinPatrol.exe to my start up list in WinPatrol and this resolved that problem. When I added mbam.exe to to my start up list in WinPatrol, "M" icon appeared in the system tray but I had to enable the protection module. Whenever I reboot, MBAM program will open and I have to enable the protection module. How can I resolve this issue with MBAM?

Thank you for your help!

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Hello again,

After uninstalling and reinstalling MBAM Pro, everything is working fine. However, I found two commands for MBAM in my WinPatrol Plus startup programs: mbamgui.exe/..., type HKLM_RUN and mbamgui, type HKCU_RUN. Is this correct?

Thank you for your help! :)

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

dear firefox i had this same issue start the other day and when i did a search on forums for it this came up your instructions worked perfectly but do you know what caused this problem?

Hello jay21317, and :P

I am glad it worked for you, if you have any other issues or questions don't hesitate to ask.

Files get corrupted from time to time, most likely your your database file for Malwarebytes may have gotten probably during an update of the database file.

Hello jay21317, and :P

I am glad it worked for you, if you have any other issues or questions don't hesitate to ask.

Files get corrupted from time to time, most likely your your database file for Malwarebytes may have gotten probably during an update of the database file.

aah alright im glad it worked i was rather concerned when it stopped working right and im REALLY paranoid when it comes to computer security

• 3 years later...

Hello Firefox!

I did what you wrote, but nothing happened.

Please help me out. I have the same problem as jnhyep57

Thank you!

As everyone's computer is different, what works for one person may not work for another.... Also this is an old topic, its probably better to start your own topic as well....

Perhaps we can get one of the MODS to move this to a new thread.... in the meantime lets get some logs to see if we can tell what's going on....

Please run the tools below and ATTACH (do not copy and paste) the logs so someone can better assist you.

Please post an mbam-check log:

Create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next reply
Next:

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply "as an attachment": DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Fitzgerald Thanks for posting those logs....  It seems you are having quite a few more issues with other services as well.  After looking over your logs I am going to recommend you have an expert help you solve your issues to rule out any infections... Please follow the instructions below....

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you