thanks for removing AV fake trojan

A large thanks to all at MB for saving my Dell laptop running XPsp3. I have symmantec endpoint V. 11 and got the green and then red boxes that are so familiar these last few months. The "windows AV security" took over my machine and I could not get my endpoint to run and could just barely shutdown the laptop.

I had to use my f8 key to get to the safe mode and immediatly ran MB freeware and it did the trick. I rebooted and ran it again and when all came up clear I started the Symantec endpoint, updated and it found cookies and a file that it quarentined. I unchecked system restore. restrted ,ran both MB and endpoint and when all came up clean, restarted system restore .

Yes my firefox browser worked, my IE8 did not work until I re configured the proxy and Lan settings. This fake av security trojan is one nasty thing.

so thank you and will buy the pro version of MB and use it.

I do wonder if there are any snags with using Symantec Endpoint V.11 and MB ?

Kevin

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.....

Not on the staff, but I am sure they would say your are Welcome. Malwarebytes is a very good program and has saved millions of folks just like you.

As for issues between Symantec Endpoint Protection and Malwarebytes, I use both and I have no issues. I have however entered the exceptions for Malwarebytes files into Symantec just in case but I have no issues.

Not on the staff, but I am sure they would say your are Welcome. Malwarebytes is a very good program and has saved millions of folks just like you.

As for issues between Symantec Endpoint Protection and Malwarebytes, I use both and I have no issues. I have however entered the exceptions for Malwarebytes files into Symantec just in case but I have no issues.

Thanks for the advice , and the welcome. I think I will watch these forums in the future as good honest advice is hard to find, especially for Free.

Kevin