Our Software is falsely marked.

Cody VanZant

I work with the University of Alabama and we have some software that is being disrupted by MalwareBytes. Only MalwareBytes, not all malware programs. Our software lets our users save their progress to the hard drive and also stores templates for building PDF version of these reports. Some of their preferences and lists we use throughout the program are stored in an access database as well. These templates, databases, and in progress reports are being flagged on ALL user machines by MalwareBytes. Please reply to instruct me how to help you help us keep our dependent files from being falsely identified as malware.

Thanks,

Cody

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
Here is the mbam /developer log file.

Thanks.

Thanks, but I see however that your database and\or software versions is way out of date. We're currently at v1.46 and database v 4312

To update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware you must first open the software.

Once open, there will be a series of tabs, labeled in order:

Scanner | Protection | Update | Quarantine | Logs | Ignore list | Settings | More Tools | About

Click the 'Update' tab. Then click the 'Check for Updates' button. A display\dialog box will appear and connect. Be sure your security software is set to allow Malwarebytes' Anti Malware Internet access. Once the update is completed, you will be told the update was successfully completed from one database version to the latest database version.

If a software update was available, you may be prompted to allow a reboot, please do so.

Then run another developers log.