malwarebyte in dos

Not on the Malwarebytes Staff, but I believe that it is not possible. It will run in safe mode, but bear in mind that Malwarebytes was designed and works best when run in Windows Normal mode.

If I am wrong I am sure one of the staff folks will clarify and correct me.

Not on the Malwarebytes Staff, but I believe that it is not possible. It will run in safe mode, but bear in mind that Malwarebytes was designed and works best when run in Windows Normal mode.

If I am wrong I am sure one of the staff folks will clarify and correct me.

This is even if I install it on a usb device or will it install on a usb

Hi -

I am not sure if this exactly what you want , but here is one way to get it on a flash drive device -

ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.

SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected, or any PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.

Windows XP and 2000

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

You can also download a manual update from here - NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program - From the FAQ area -

Unless this is your question then there is (at this time) no other way, except using the paid version to run as in the scheduler set up -

Any other details are Here in the FAQ area

Thank you -

It can not be installed in dos mode, and it can not be installed in a flash drive (to make it run from the flash drive).

You can however copy the install file onto a flash drive to use the installer to install on another computer, but Malwarebytes needs to be run on the computer that its installed on, and preferably in Normal Mode.

Can malwarebytes run in dos at computer startup? if so can you give me instructions on setting it up

Thanks

NO, MBAM is a Windows program, and does not run in "dos". (btw, I doubt you have dos on your system. You certainly don't if you have Windows XP or later. Those all have emulators that they use when in command-prompt window). That's an aside which you'll forgive my pointing out.

MBAM is a Windows-based program.

If you purchased MBAM (have a license), you can set schedule scans. Which perhaps is what you have in mind.

HTH