MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (10045, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)

hello,

I'm trying to use MBA 1.46 (free version) on win7 x64

i'm using ESET NOD32 antivirus 4.0.474.0 (virus signature 5213)

I allready tried every step i saw on this forum

- exclusion files in nod32

- allowed "data-cdn.mbamupdates.com" in firewall web site

- uninstall with reboot

- mbam-clean.exe and reboot

- try to update with nod32 off and windows firwall off

nothing works, i allways get this message error:

"MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (10045, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)"

when i try to go on http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/, i have this: Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

thank you to help me

10045 Socket operation not supported

All the information I can find results in a problem with your internet connection at this time -

How long have you had this problem and do you still have a good internet connection or is it suspect ??

Also ensure you are logged on as administrater -

Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows Vista or Windws 7:

• Click the Start button and select Computer
  • Right-click on C: and select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
  • When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and restart your computer
  • Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do the check

Thank You -

hello

and thank you for your fast answer,

at first I was using MBA 1.44 since January 2010, and had no problem at all until April,

when I got this error message, i tried to upgrade to 1.46 version of MBA, but it didn't change anything.

effectively I had some troubles with my internet connection last two month,, but now everything is ok.

I ran a disk check on my C: drive as you asked me, but I still get the same message error.

what else can I do

thanks for your support

Hi again -

This will check your internet connection and access to Malwarebytes

As long as it is NOT due to current live Malware preventing the update then this method may help restore the ability to run updates

After each step please try to run the Update again in the MBAM program.

STEP 01

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

• Please download ERUNT from here
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say NO to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup.
  • Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
  • Click on OK
  • Then click on YES to create the folder.

Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Once you've completed backing up your Registry, please perform the following fixes until fixed or all methods have been tried

• Open Internet Explorer
  • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser
  • Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options
  • Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up
  • Click on the Connections tab
  • Click on the LAN settings button
  • Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it
  • Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window
  • Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window
  • Use this diagram as a guide
  • Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 02

STEP 02

Disable Internet Explorer Proxy Settings and Reset TCP/IP

It is very important that these steps be carried out exactly as shown otherwise the fix will not work.

If you have any questions please ask before moving on.

• Please start Notepad and using your mouse make sure you select and copy all the information below in the Code box into your new document.
  • Then save the file as "fixme.bat" to your Desktop - The .bat extension is important
  • In the drop down box for Save as type: make sure you select All Files (*.*) and keep the quotes on the name as well. Then close the new file.
    @ECHO OFF
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /f
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyOverride /f
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

• On Windows XP you can double-click the file to run it.
  • On Vista/Win7 you need to Right click the file and choose Run as administrator to run it. With User Account Control on it should ask permission to run it. Click Yes
  • This will flash a black DOS box very quickly and go away, this is normal.
  • Restart your computer now.
  • Launch Internet Explorer and see if you can connect to the Internet.
  • Launch MBAM and check for Updates

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

Click on START and in the search line type in CMD and you should see cmd.exe show on the menu. Right click over cmd.exe and select Run as administrator

Then in the DOS console window type in the following and press the Enter key and verify that you get a response

PING mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

If all the pings failed then please try running the following command

TRACERT mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

Then copy and paste back the results on your next reply.

STEP 04

Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files and Folders From Other Active Security Programs:

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Thank you for the Screen Shots -

I am asking the experts to look at this now - I will return to you later when we have a better idea for you -

Thank you for waiting - :welcome:

EDIT -Please use Internet Explorer for trying all the items I have, and I will be posting -

You can try the following step: -

1)Click on start-->run type CMD (push enter).

2)On the command prompt (black box) type the command

netsh winsock reset

(push enter)

Then it will prompt you to restart the computer.

Restart the computer.

Then try to start the service.

(From another Forum)This is again to reset your internet -

The problem is with the internet connection somewhere , so I am trying to attend to this -