Renaming Malwarebytes

Hi m41j6 :)

Do you mean to ask if there could be execution problems if you rename the Malwarebytes setup file?

If that's what you mean, then no, I've done it myself a few times with no issues.

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" t_reply.gif button located at the bottom of the page.

Thank you :)

I am not sure what would happen if you renamed the program folder (although I would imagine that it would mess up something), let's wait for a staff member to chime in about that.

Why would you rename the program folder though?

It's not foolproof but renaming the setup file definitely can help Malwarebytes run if the malware is blocking the setup file executable name.

Sometimes no matter what you do malware will still block Malwarebytes from running and you should follow the directions below which I will give you:

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)

If there is a specific malicious program that is infecting you, you can also search through the self-help guides located here and see if that will help you get Malwarebytes running and working:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=39

But if nothing you find there works, please do follow the directions I gave you in my post above. :)

Good Advice, also if your having trouble scanning your computer as the virus prevents malwarebytes from running you could always put your hard drive into an external hard drive case and scan it from another computer. I have the premium version so it runs in real time protecting me from threats like the one your having. ;)Malwarebytes Coupon