Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.46 erroneously detects Speedbit SpeedBit Video Downloader as Adware.Ecobar

SpeedBit

Typically these requests go out of their way to provide a website/download/directly attach the installer so that the FP can be cleaned up as quickly as possible.

C:\Windows\Temp\TMP000001A6B7AC6ADB37181448 <- Is this also your file? I wont discuss what definition hit here suffice to say it is detecting something STRICTLY forbidden and extremely common in the malware world.

If we have made a mistake I certainly want to fix it, this is just not going that direction currently.

Please provide a download/zip and attach an installer and I promise I will process this quickly.

Typically these requests go out of their way to provide a website/download/directly attach the installer so that the FP can be cleaned up as quickly as possible.

C:\Windows\Temp\TMP000001A6B7AC6ADB37181448 <- Is this also your file? I wont discuss what definition hit here suffice to say it is detecting something STRICTLY forbidden and extremely common in the malware world.

If we have made a mistake I certainly want to fix it, this is just not going that direction currently.

Please provide a download/zip and attach an installer and I promise I will process this quickly.

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

C:\Windows\Temp\TMP000001A6B7AC6ADB37181448 is not our file.

In addition to the first post, we found that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware detects the latest version of Speedbit Toolbar as Adware.Ecobar as well.

Please check and correct this false positive detection for both files as soon as possible.

The install files and the log file attached into the rar file.

Web pages:

Speedbit Toolbar : www.speedbit.com/toolbar

Speedbit Video Downloader: www.speedbit.com/video

Thank you again for your cooperation.

SpeedBit Team

speedbit_files.rar