IE Popups have affected my internet connecability....please help

Hello,

In the resent past (a month or two) I noticed that I started getting popup windows while surfing the net. All of them pop up a new instance of IE and they all produce a dialog box saying I have won something or I need virus protection or something similar and I need to "click here". I always ctr-alt-del and shut down IE. Since the popups have started, I will get periodic error messages about my sound mixer device and then my volume control stops working. When I reboot, I have no internet connection. I have to run netsh winsock reset catalog then reboot to get my internet connection back. The other thing I noticed is that when I launch IE, the computer loads two instances of the program when I look at the running processes. If I kill one of them, the both go. I have run several malware programs and they have found nothing.....

That's about all I know at this point. I'm not sure if I have a mjor security compromise, but it is really annoying that I have to reboot and then reset winsock about once a day.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org