Download/installing Malwarebytes

Hi jamjar,

It wouldn't hurt to do so, just don't forget to re-enable MSE's realtime protection once Malwarebytes is installed :P

What OS are you running? And are you running Malwarebytes in realtime (paid version)?

Hi jamjar,

It wouldn't hurt to do so, just don't forget to re-enable MSE's realtime protection once Malwarebytes is installed :P

What OS are you running? And are you running Malwarebytes in realtime (paid version)?

Hi mountaintree16

Thanks, I just wanted to check that it was good practice to do so. My OS is XP (fully patched) and I'm running the free version of Malwarebytes.

jamjar,

It is definitely good practice to do that, yes! I usually do that when I am (I do a clean install) installing a new version of Malwarebytes or if I have to re-install for any reason.

You're welcome :P

Okay, cool. MSE and the free version of Malwarebytes on XP get along just fine as far as I know.

I was going to say, if you have the paid version (which is why I asked what your OS was) you should refer to this guide here to add exclusions to MSE for Mbam as the realtime version of Mbam and MSE in realtime together on XP do often conflict.

So if you ever DO get the paid version of Malwarebytes (and I do highly recommend getting it if you can, I have been using it myself for about a year now and I will never go without it again!), just refer to that guide I linked you to above for MSE.

As a side note, please use the "ADD REPLY" t_reply.gif button located at the bottom of the page instead of quoting everything. :P