AVSecuritySuite packed trojan redirect issues

Hello,

I managed to have my computer infected with the Rogue.AVSecuritySuite progam, cleared it off and then experienced browser redirect issues. After finding info on this through several sites, I installed Avira AntiVi personal edition freeware which found and removed TR/KillAV.KS trojan virus, but upon restart am still experiencing redirect issues.

After reading through similar posts in this forum, I have uninstalled all my Adobe Acrobat products, and Java including removal w/ JAVARA. I also DL'd Combofix from links off this forum but haven't run it yet. Assistance from here on out would be greatly appreciated.

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86

Run by jbennett at 16:07:47.35 on Thu 06/10/2010

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2559.2019 [GMT -5:00]

AV: AntiVir Desktop *On-access scanning disabled* (Outdated) {AD166499-45F9-482A-A743-FDD3350758C7}

AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {BCF43643-A118-4432-AEDE-D861FCBCFCDF}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch

svchost.exe

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\MsMpEng.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\s

Hello,

I managed to have my computer infected with the Rogue.AVSecuritySuite progam, cleared it off and then experienced browser redirect issues. After finding info on this through several sites, I installed Avira AntiVi personal edition freeware which found and removed TR/KillAV.KS trojan virus, but upon restart am still experiencing redirect issues.

After reading through similar posts in this forum, I have uninstalled all my Adobe Acrobat products, and Java including removal w/ JAVARA. I also DL'd Combofix from links off this forum but haven't run it yet. Assistance from here on out would be greatly appreciated.

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86

Run by jbennett at 16:07:47.35 on Thu 06/10/2010

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2559.2019 [GMT -5:00]

AV: AntiVir Desktop *On-access scanning disabled* (Outdated) {AD166499-45F9-482A-A743-FDD3350758C7}

AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {BCF43643-A118-4432-AEDE-D861FCBCFCDF}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch

svchost.exe

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\MsMpEng.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe

svchost.exe

C:\Progra

Attach.txt

Hi,

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully first.

Please continue as follows:

1. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix, link
    Remember to re-enable them afterwards.
  2. Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt

New dds log.

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.