Start.Menu false positive?

AngelFace

Hello. I run Windows 7 on my new computer. I ran MBAM today, not out of suspicion of a problem, but just because I like to run scans to be safe. I have been a loyal MBAM user for years on my other comp, but have only ran the scan twice on my new one. The first time I ran it, I found nothing. The second time? I get a start.menu "infection". I am wondering if this is a false positive after a google search but this is not my area of expertise and I am not sure. Also, as far as I know, Run.exe has never been on the Start Menu for this computer. My antivirus (Webroot which is up to date) and Spybot S&D find nothing. Is this a false positive or an infection?

mbam_log_2010_06_07__23_09_43_.zip

• Staff

Hello.

Those detections are not actually false\positives or actual infections but rather settings which you have made and in some cases, malware also makes. So we scan those sections of the drive for changes which differ from default settings

Please see the link below for an explanation:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...c=12624&hl=

You can add them to ignore your next scan.