Both programs are identifying components of MBAM that could be malware in a malicious program. Thanks for letting us know.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I'm not an expert but i think that are false positives, aren't they?

I like your software but i need to now if it is secure.

Regards from Portugal

Carlos

Does performance improve when you run the program for a while and open a few programs?

Yes, especially on older single core pc's w/ less than 1GB ram which is what a lot of the people in my area use. Performance is slightly degraded on my rig (specs in profile) even after I've opened the usual applications. FWIW I do not have this problem when running SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS), on-demand and real-time, on any pc.

What's worse is that I just noticed MBAM is using >400MB ram idle, and my event log is filled with over 200 MBAM errors. If I scroll to the bottom of the event log > application I receive an message stating the even log is corrupt. I was forced to clear all events.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( MBAMService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: MBAMService, Error: Scanner::GetMD5 failed.

Also, the daily scheduled quick scans are not being saved under "Logs".

(** added addt'l info above in case someone read before 8:10am)

post-2690-1215779127_thumb.jpg

post-2690-1215779127_thumb.jpg

• Root Admin

OK, can you please UNINSTALL the entire product. Please delete all files, registry entries pertaining to it. Finally, restart your computer a few times and make sure it is truly gone and out of memory.

Now install the latest version. It should clear up the memory leaks.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I'm not an expert but i think that are false positives, aren't they?

I like your software but i need to now if it is secure.

Regards from Portugal

Carlos

Yes they are false positives. MBAM does not, never has and never will have any sort of malware/adware/spyware in it. It is as secure as any legitimate program out there and more secure than many. All programs are capable of a false positive.

Yes they are false positives. MBAM does not, never has and never will have any sort of malware/adware/spyware in it. It is as secure as any legitimate program out there and more secure than many. All programs are capable of a false positive.

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your explanation!!