KIS slowing down my laptops?

I recently downloaded KIS on both of my laptops and on both, the start up seems to be slitly slower than usuall. and on both of them, my whole pc froze and i had to reboot it. Since I downloaded KIS, my laptop froze 3 times and on my other one it froze 2 times. I read some YouTube comments and they say Kaspersky doesn't slow down your pc so then why is my two laptops slower than usuall :P:):) ???????

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently downloaded KIS on both of my laptops and on both, the start up seems to be slitly slower than usuall. and on both of them, my whole pc froze and i had to reboot it. Since I downloaded KIS, my laptop froze 3 times and on my other one it froze 2 times. I read some YouTube comments and they say Kaspersky doesn't slow down your pc so then why is my two laptops slower than usuall :P:):) ???????

sorry i made so many topics it was a mistake.

Hello IDKWatMyDisplayNameShouldBe and Welcome to Malwarebytes. :P

I am also a user of Kaspersky Internet Security. Having an antivirus program compared to not having one installed at all will cause the machines to boot a little slower. Can you please confirm which version of Kaspersky Internet Security you are using? Also how old are the machines on which you are trying to install it?

Hello IDKWatMyDisplayNameShouldBe and Welcome to Malwarebytes. :P

I am also a user of Kaspersky Internet Security. Having an antivirus program compared to not having one installed at all will cause the machines to boot a little slower. Can you please confirm which version of Kaspersky Internet Security you are using? Also how old are the machines on which you are trying to install it?

I know that all anti-virus slow your computer down by a little bit except Norton which slows you down alot! But when I used Bit Defender it wasn't that slow. My two laptops are way slower than before. By the way, I'm using MBAM with KIS just to let you know. The version of KIS I'm using is 2010 and 9.0.0.736 . My first laptop is really really good and my other one isn't that old. I'm not exactly sure what's causing my laptops to be slow but it started to happen after I downloaded KIS.

Yes, most people say that Norton does slow the machine down a lot.

1. Please right click on the K icon in the Notification Area and see if it says anything about rootkit scanning.

2. If not, then did you turn up any Heuristics to High or Medium?

Finally go to Kaspersky settings, then go to File Anti Virus. Click the Settings button under Security Level. Go to the Performance Tab. Check the box that says "Scan only new and changed files". See if this helps any, and then also report back about the questions.

Yes, most people say that Norton does slow the machine down a lot.

1. Please right click on the K icon in the Notification Area and see if it says anything about rootkit scanning.

2. If not, then did you turn up any Heuristics to High or Medium?

Finally go to Kaspersky settings, then go to File Anti Virus. Click the Settings button under Security Level. Go to the Performance Tab. Check the box that says "Scan only new and changed files". See if this helps any, and then also report back about the questions.

I never changed the settings of any of those and the box that says ''Scan only new and changed files'' is already check marked. I never turned up my Huristics to anything infact, I don't even know how to change it! So I think my Huristics is at default. Also, what do mean by Notification Area? Is that the bottom right corner? If it is, I right clicked on it and it says nothing about rootkit scanning. The only thing that it shows is...

Update

Full Scan

Virus Scan...

Network Monitor

Virtual keyboard

Kaspersky Internet Security

Settings

About

Pause protection...

Block network traffic

Exit

Even my dad noticed that the laptops are slower than before!

How long has it been since you defragmented both of them?

We got one of the laptops around 1 week ago so it's basiclly new and the other one we had it for a long time but we had it repaired for something so it got formated a couple of days ago. But please help me find a solution as soon as possible because it's very slow ever since I downloaded it. Ohh Yea, during the installation, a couple of times a pop-up that kinda looks like cmd poped up for like 1 second. Is that normal? Well here's the thing that I really don't think that isn't normal. Iv'e been noticing that on one of my laptops ever since of installing KIS, everytime I reboot the laptop, that weird pop-up that kinda looks like cmd pops up for like a second. You know how like on almost anything at the very top of that program or pop-up it shows what it is like if you open cmd it will say C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe at the top? Well I saw that thing on the pop-up and it was (i don't know).exe

Make sure you add these exclusions to your Kaspersky -

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Hi IDK -

Go to This Site , scroll to the bottom and use the PC Decrapifier Program to remove any Pre-installed software that may be useless -

The information describes what it removes - (Good Tool)

Thank You - :P

Thanks for the PC Decrapifier Program but that's not really helping this situation. After I downloaded KIS my computer seems to be more slower than before. And sometimes, when my internet freezes, it's most likely my whole pc freezes so then I have to reboot. If I don't find a solution soon I might uninstall KIS and hope that will make my laptop faster again.

1 / Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows Vista or Windws 7:

• Click the Start button and select Computer
  • Right-click on C: and select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
  • When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and restart your computer
  • Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do the check

2 / Defrag , even though it's new

3 / Full Scan with Malwarebytes

4 / Install Microsoft Security Essentials after you Fully remove Kasper

There is 4 quick things to try -

1 / Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows Vista or Windws 7:

• Click the Start button and select Computer
  • Right-click on C: and select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
  • When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and restart your computer
  • Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do the check

2 / Defrag , even though it's new

3 / Full Scan with Malwarebytes

4 / Install Microsoft Security Essentials after you Fully remove Kasper

There is 4 quick things to try -

I actually contacted help from the Kaspersky site itself so I'm getting help from them right now. And if they can't do anything I'll do what you told me to do. But do I have to install MSE? Because I might just stick with Bit Defender Total Security. The only reason I want a A-V well actually Internet Security with MBAM because MBAM pretty much protects you from like uhh 99.9% of threats I guess but Internet Securitys and others have extra features like firewall,vulnerbility scan, and well... I can't really think of any right now. lol But anyways, THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Make sure you add these exclusions to your Kaspersky -

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

IDKWatMyDisplayNameShouldBe, try to leave it to hang....see how long does it take to recover. if it does recover, do as it says above. then it should be ok. i also had tat problem with kis

• 2 months later...

hey... sorry i didnt reply for like weeks.... its just that ive been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed off at this problem that i kinda gave up on this. but anyways, i dont know if i mentioned this but i returned the laptop with the cmd pop-up at restart, so i have the first laptop that is overall slow but is really slow with KIS. so weeks ago there support told me to do this..... just read it. i ran "get system info" and i sent him it. I'm also gonna remove some personal things for my mail so yea.... its better to read the mail bottom to top because thats the order. the first thing of the chat is his latest response. i also took some useless things out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are two types of malwarebytes: the free on-demand scanner and the real-time antivirus program. The former is compatible with Kaspersky because it doesn

Use this info if you want to Remove (as exile360 states) then Reinstall after you check operations -

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !

>> Check your KIS and performance at this point <<

Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

Edited by noknojon to remove the Clean.exe tool -

There's no need to run the clean tool, just uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features (depending on your version of Windows) and reboot. That will remove the drivers and processes from MBAM so that they aren't running in memory anymore and therefore will be eliminated as a possible point of conflict with KIS.