Free V Paid versions -

Yea, indeed. Malwarebytes doesn't exactly gives the average user the clarification on what the paid version delivers, and what the difference between the free version and the paid version really are.

Thanks for THAT reply - This is the full basis of the thread I started -

This is the reason I would like a Pinned / Simple / But with Detailed explanation -

Each of us tend to tell it in our own way and hope we miss nothing , and still include everything -

Thanks for THAT reply - This is the full basis of the thread I started -

This is the reason I would like a Pinned / Simple / But with Detailed explanation -

Each of us tend to tell it in our own way and hope we miss nothing , and still include everything -

This might help

Key Features

Thanks Dsolution -

A bit longer than I expected , (could cut a few lines) , but it covers everything -

You almost sound like you are in Advertising not just Employment - :) Or you read all our advertising - :P

All that for Only $25 Lifetime License if purchased on line -

Regards - :)

What the hell, I'm going to buy it.

Edit: ha ha ha that was easy to buy :P

Flash scan is so awesome It just found 4 things in a few seconds and now it's done :) Appears to be leftover keys from files I deleted from that stinky malvertisement I made a topic on.

Thanks team for making such an awesome product, I feel safer now.

So if I want to put this on the family computer as well as my computer I need to buy another key? Or can I just go ahead and put it on there?

The lifetime license is only valid for one computer - If you use it on other units it will soon come up as an invalid registration -

Then it would be cancelled - If you had purchased more than one there is a discount -

Look around the download sites as some offer discounts for each purchase -

This site one of our resellers, offers 20% discount at the moment -

Actually 29.99 MSRP for retail Box :)

This is what we send out to some of our resellers/customers.

We are just tryiing to help...Let me know if there is any other quiestions you may have.

Marc

Thanks Dsolution -

A bit longer than I expected , (could cut a few lines) , but it covers everything -

You almost sound like you are in Advertising not just Employment - :) Or you read all our advertising - :)

All that for Only $25 Lifetime License -

Regards - :)

Thanks Marc -

That is a great list to send with a newly purchased version -

I do know of ALL the features , but at times it is just the general question on the forum, and there are quite often several -

That is the basis of asking Management for a Pinned Note that they may prefer us to use -

I have already used this (your) screed as a pointer to some posters and had a good response to it -

Now it is up to the bosses to pin the item -

Thanks -

Please use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when responding -

EDIT - I will save this item in notepad for future use -

• 1 month later...

$24.95 for a lifetime license so that you will always have protection and priority customer support seems more than reasonable to me, especially if you ever end up having to take your PC to a repair shop to get infections removed because your PC wasn't protected, as the last time I checked, the average price for malware removal at a tech shop will cost approximately $100 or more for a single repair, which eliminates the current problems, but does nothing to keep your PC clean in the future and if it gets infected again, they charge you the same price again.

Samuel:

Your statement is a bit presumptuous. Malwarebytes is not considered a standalone antivirus system; therefore, the user often pays an annual RTU fee for Avast, Symantec, McAfee, etc. too. Using Malwarebytes does not mean that a system will not become infected and need professional help. I have worked on two in the last month that were running Malwarebytes and still got infected. One of them was an install of Antivir Solution Platinum which is a rogue security program that should have been blocked from loading.

I do agree with you that it is a good value over time. As for priority customer support, less than 5% of my customers would ever contact Malwarebytes for support. They will either call me or remove it. The support for Malwarebytes is better than most software programs. I get the licenses 5 at a time to save costs. I do wish I could get better prices on single purchases though. Keep up the good work. :(

Yes, you're absolutely right, an antivirus is still needed. But many other vendors that sell security softwares that are not antiviruses but are meant to catch what they don't (ie adware, spyware, trojans etc) do charge a yearly subscription fee, that's all I'm saying.

With regards to users getting infected when running the paid version, it does happen, but it seems to be pretty infrequent in my experience, as long as they keep MBAM and their antivirus up to date. We do our best to stay on top of the latest threats, unfortunately there are occasions that we fail but the fight continues in this never ending battle.

Samuel:

Besides being an effective program, the "lifetime subscription" is indeed the #1 selling point. Most of my customers are reluctant to pay more money for another security program until I explain to them that it is a one-time charge, then they usually agree to it. I do not believe it would be nearly as popular with renewal fees.

I do need to pursue a reseller account again though. I have been buying from another reseller for less than I could purchase direct; however, that deal is no longer available.

Samuel:

Besides being an effective program, the "lifetime subscription" is indeed the #1 selling point. Most of my customers are reluctant to pay more money for another security program until I explain to them that it is a one-time charge, then they usually agree to it. I do not believe it would be nearly as popular with renewal fees.

Agreed, and understandably so. Many antivirus softwares have been jacking up their prices as they've been integrating more tools into their security suites and they've been charging for it unfortunately. Most of them do bundle deals or multi-PC licensing (ie 3 PC's protected for 1 year etc) but it still makes it quite pricey when you have to buy that plus an additional software just to cover the ground that they will still invariably miss.

I can't say as to whether Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will always have lifetime licensing the way it does now, but I certainly hope so. I believe it's a powerful and effective tool, and that it's reasonably priced for what it does. That being said, money is tight for most people, especially now, so a lifetime license model is certainly better than many of the alternatives and for those willing to part with the extra money to add MBAM to their security arsenal alongside their resident antivirus, I truly do believe it's worth it.

With regards to becoming a reseller, in case you hadn't found it already (although I'm sure you most likely did, but just in case and for the sake of others who might come across this topic), the page to sign up to become a reseller can be found here.

Thank you for promoting Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your customers, your support and feedback is much appreciated.

• Root Admin

I just want to ensure that everyone knows the $24.95 version you can buy on the Web is ONLY for home users and is not for any type of business, government, educational, non-profit organizations. If you are not a home user then you must obtain a Corporate license in order to install and use.