Issue with Microsoft Streets and Maps?

I just started using Malwarebytes about a week ago so please forgive my lack of experience. I am having a problem in downloading Microsoft Streets and Maps and wonder if there may be an issue with Malwarebytes. I've gone through the download process several times and everything works well until I try to open the program. I get a pop-up the reads: "Your Registry setting for this program were not copied correctly. To correct these settings, run Setup again for this application from the location where ou originally installed it."

The reference to the registry makes me wonder if Malwarebytes is blocking the change. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Mark

Hi Mark -

"Your Registry setting for this program were not copied correctly. To correct these settings, run Setup again for this application from the location where you originally installed it."

This means there is no problem with Malwarebytes , unless your Antivirus is causing it -

Thank You - :)

EDIT - Uninstall the Malwarebytes from the directions below - Install the Street maps and then Reinstall Malwarebytes program -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Welcome Mark

Please show your operating system and Service Pack level and anti virus application in your posts so that the helpers can give pertient advice and use ADDREPLY when responding so that duplicate information is not added.

Hi Mark -

This means there is no problem with Malwarebytes , unless your Antivirus is causing it -

Ok, thanks. I've run Setup 5 times at this point with the same result - no changes to my Antivirus (unless it's an update that is causing the conflict). I have an old 2003 version of S&M and had the same issue when I tried to open the program - thought that it was just out of date and needed to upgrade anyway. I will check with MS tonight and see if they have a solution.

Not sure if M/soft still have current updates for that ??

They sure do

The 2010 version of Microsoft Streets & Trips makes trip planning easy. Accurate maps and route-planning options help you get nearly anywhere in the United States and Canada. Customizable features let you plot your course, and more than 1.7 million points of interest help you plan your trip down to the last detail. Once you

Thanks YoKenny1 - I noted a free and paid version - The free version may be expired for Mark -

There you go Mark - Follow that link and see how it goes - :)

Copy and paste it in your browser and check the results for yourself - :)

EDIT - @ Mark - Your GPS may be out of date and not accept the latest updates -

Also your free version may not be able to install and you may need to Re purchase it ??

Thanks YoKenny1 - I noted a free and paid version - The free version may be expired for Mark -

There you go Mark - Follow that link and see how it goes - :)

Copy and paste it in your browser and check the results for yourself - :)

EDIT - @ Mark - Your GPS may be out of date and not accept the latest updates -

Also your free version may not be able to install and you may need to Re purchase it ??

Thanks guys - and sorry for the lack of info on my system...I'm no expert here. :) I'm at work so I don't have access to the specifics. My operating system is Vista and I am using Norton Antivirus...which obviously doesn't protect against all the malware...which is why I found and bought your product. I do normal updates an all of them.

Both my Streets 2003 and 2010 are paid versions. 2003 worked without problems until Tuesday - and a few days after I downloaded Malwarebytes paid version - I did use the free version for a few weeks but don't remember if I tried to use the old Streets or not. The error message is the same for both, indicating that there is a registry issue. Never had that problem before with 2003.

I will try the uninstall route and see if that fixes the problem - and will post back in any case.

Thanks for the responses and advice!

Mark

I finally resolved the issue yesterday, finally having the time to sit at my system and work through it. I followed your instructions (which were excellent, by the way) and un-installed Malwarebytes. I then un-installed MS STreets and Trips and then downloaded it again...with the same results. So, I re-installed Malwarebytes and called the MS Store support line.

After a few minutes of being passed to the correct tech, he immediately recognized the issue - it was an administrative permissions issue that he indicated was common. All I had to do was go to the file where the program was, right click on the program icon and click on Properties. Then, click on the Connectivity tab and check the box allowing the program to run with full admin permissions. After closing the box, I clicked on the MS Trips and Streets and it allowed me to register the program and then run it.

Thanks again for the guidance and tolerance!

Mark