Trojan Changing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Hello - new to this forum. I'm so upset I could cry. Have spent a ton of money trying to fix my computer - keep getting same response - there is nothing wrong. I totally disagree. Please see attached screen shot of Malwarebytes in tool bar - note numbers instead of characters. Also note Icon picture in task manager - its not the traditional red M !!! Log files are misplaced for my Norton as well. Can someone please tell me what kind of trojan I have??

post-43242-1275430115_thumb.png

The number thing is correct because Malware tries to target by name in task bar so we randomize it.

The non red M in Task Manager is also correct.

Please run a Quick Scan and post back the log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4161

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

6/1/2010 6:57:44 PM

mbam-log-2010-06-01 (18-57-44).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 183371

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 6 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\Documents and Settings\Charlene B\Desktop\explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\Documents and Settings\Charlene B\Desktop\userinit.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\Documents and Settings\Charlene B\Desktop\WiNlOgOn.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

note - I changed names of Malware and hijack this

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4161

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

6/1/2010 6:57:44 PM

mbam-log-2010-06-01 (18-57-44).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 183371

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 6 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\Documents and Settings\Charlene B\Desktop\explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\Documents and Settings\Charlene B\Desktop\userinit.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\Documents and Settings\Charlene B\Desktop\WiNlOgOn.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

note - I changed names of Malware and hijack this

One more note - when trying to close out from scan Malwarebytes then gave me a popup message, "A scan is in progress. Are you sure you want to close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?" Except the scan is done???? Also - so impressed with your quick reply - thank you so much

• Root Admin

The 3 files were flagged due to their name and location.

The icons and name of the program as you've shown are okay. If you are having some other signs of infection though then you can have one of the Experts assist you as shown below.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

when trying to close out from scan Malwarebytes then gave me a popup message, "A scan is in progress. Are you sure you want to close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?" Except the scan is done????

Although the actual scan is finished, you have taken no action on the files that have been detected - That is why you see the pop-up saying the "scan is in progress. Are you sure you want to close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?"

Normally you would have MBAM "Remove Selected" to finish the scan & removal process.

As you are taking no action instead of removing the detected files, you are being prompted to make sure you want to finish the scan & removal process without removing the detected files.

Files Infected: