Easy Open (with C4, maybe)

Have you ever?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:) It can be humiliating!

My wife always says she can't open "whatever item" so will I please do it?

Like an idiot I always agree.

Several temper tantrums (on my part) and five Band-Aids later, my wife takes the released item and then wants to know, "How did you cut yourself. You should be more careful." :) :) Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo; to the moon, Alice!!

Shy

I've used scissors, knives, razor blades, pliers, tin snips, and wire cutters, and there's no way to open plastic packaging without destroying the package!

And after all of that, if you have to take it back for a refund they look at you and say, "I'm sorry; the product (and packaging) have to be in a resalable condition for a full refund!" :)

I agree with your statement tho'. I saw an Ad on late night TV for a little plastic gadget that has a hidden cutter that supposedly opens all these rigid-packaging like a breeze but I'm not paying $19.99 plus processing *and* shipping and handling to get one. It'll show up in a CVS/Walgreens under AS ADVERTISED ON TV soon enough. Still won't pay $19.99.. Band-aids are a lot cheaper. :)

Shy

I have cut myself at least once opening the dern things. Not to mention that they are extremely frustrating!!!

I even had to throw out a ring of shrimp one time because I couldn't get it open in time. I squirted myself in the eye trying to open it too!

Personally I do not like them pop tops. I usually find them harder than using a can opener and sometimes the dern thing breaks off awkwardly when you are trying to pop it off!

C4 is a Explosive used by the Military, just a tad makes a BIG BOOM :D

:P :P "Just a tad" makes.. err.. ahhh.. ummm... a NOTICEABLE BOOM but it takes four "just a tads" to even start making a BIG BOOM silly.. :D:blink::D:)

Yeah.. SILLY PUTTY; THAT's the word I was looking for..

It has a secondary use.. Light a small wad of C4 up with a match and heat up soup and coffee in the field. :D

Ahhhhhh... the smell of napalm in the morning... Now THOSE were the days... *wink*

Shy

mountaintree16

You need to watch MythBusters

the MYTHBUSTERS mix scientific method with gleeful curiosity and plain old-fashioned ingenuity to create their own signature style of explosive experimentation
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/mythbusters

Re: the smell of napalm in the morning

That's from Apocalypse Now

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/quotes?qt0324909

post-100-1274617195_thumb.jpg

Re: the smell of napalm in the morning

That's from Apocalypse Now

And??? Doesn't change the fact behind the quote. In the context of my message it was appropriate.. As for MYTHBUSTERS, when it was fresh (the first season or two) it was OK.. been going downhill since, IMHO. :DYoKenny1; at our age we have way too much free time on our hands.. *BIG GRIN*

I need coffee..

Shy

The only time I have ever seen it used was in Basic Training with a Claymore :D

Yeah; "I pity the fool" (A-TEAM before YoKenny1 jumps me) that places a claymore facing the wrong direction. :D

C4 (composition 4) used in the field normally comes in 2 sizes.. one shapped like a big box of Velveeta chesse; the other like two small boxes of Velveeta placed end to end longways. It's a very safe explosive to carry in a war zone; takes a smaller blast (like a blasting cap) to set it off; fire and/or shaping it or dropping it will not make it explode. Hence my comment about a little wad on fire will warm up water, soup, etc..

Shy

@ YoKenny1

hehe I've watched a couple MythBusters, but I guess not enough, hehe.

Ah! I've seen that movie but it's been a while and I don't think I got to finish it.