is it necessary to turn on windows firewall when you have anti

kangaroo

is it necessary to turn on windows firewall when you have anti-virus reason why i am asking is because i usually have more than one anti-virus as each are special in their own way but i want to run a computer fast with ease instead of the start-up loading a long time etc..... so i thought if i turn in windows firewall it will also hog up the cpu which will then make my computer turn into a blue scree.

-

Please stop asking these questions -

You have several topics running on several forums - Stay with ONE forum and ONE topic until it is finished -

so what if this guy is on different forums, how does it affect you, it's none of your concern, I don't why you have been following what this guy writes,, don't be so nosy, if want to ignore him than ignore him, but don't tell us to do the same.

so what if this guy is on different forums, how does it affect you, it's none of your concern, I don't why you have been following what this guy writes,, don't be so nosy, if want to ignore him than ignore him, but don't tell us to do the same.

Oh oh... Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, are you in trouble now! Good luck - it was nice knowing you. :)

-

Please stop asking these questions -

You have several topics running on several forums - Stay with ONE forum and ONE topic until it is finished -

What makes you think you have the right to decide who asks questions? Let alone who can or cannot answer!

is it necessary to turn on windows firewall when you have anti-virus reason why i am asking is because i usually have more than one anti-virus as each are special in their own way but i want to run a computer fast with ease instead of the start-up loading a long time etc..... so i thought if i turn in windows firewall it will also hog up the cpu which will then make my computer turn into a blue scree.

Yes you do need a firewall. Also you should not have more than 1 active anti-virus running, whowever multiple on demand scanners are acceptable

What Mike said in post #6. :)

Info only:

The main reason for staying with one forum is that too many different answers to said question may confuse the OP and at times people may feel the OP is wasting the repliers time due to the said question was already answered at a differrent forum

Hi Slam -

Kangaroo had 2 HiJack This items running on at least 2 forums, and the experts do not want the system altered while they are working on the problems -

If kangaroo says he is finished on these projects , they can be closed, and then he can make any alterations to his system -

We want only to help him , but the experts cannot work on a system that is being changed , while they work with him -

When he says 'finished with all other items/forums' we are more than willing to assist with any other problems -

Thank you for your input and interest - :D

We have the utmost respect for all users, also for the volunteer experts, and we only wish to fully assist them both -

Hi Slam -

Kangaroo had 2 HiJack This items running on at least 2 forums, and the experts do not want the system altered while they are working on the problems -

If kangaroo says he is finished on these projects , they can be closed, and then he can make any alterations to his system -

We want only to help him , but the experts cannot work on a system that is being changed , while they work with him -

When he says 'finished with all other items/forums' we are more than willing to assist with any other problems -

Thank you for your input and interest - :D

We have the utmost respect for all users, also for the volunteer experts, and we only wish to fully assist them both -

Oh, it all makes sense now, thanks for explaining, I am very sorry for having a go at you, my apologies :D

Huh?, what do you mean by that?

Just what noknojon said in post #10... I was just having a go at your dissing him, eh? :D

We've got the backs of our troubleshooters and smoother-overs. I tend to not backtalk, especially with disrespect, to Forum Deities with 6 bars and more than 2500 posts. Different generations, I guess. :D

Shy

Just what noknojon said in post #10... I was just having a go at your dissing him, eh? :D

We've got the backs of our troubleshooters and smoother-overs. I tend to not backtalk, especially with disrespect, to Forum Deities with 6 bars and more than 2500 posts. Different generations, I guess. :blink:

Shy

shywriter, you are reading into this too much, six bars or no bars he is still a man, he is not a god, I have already apologised to him because he explained why he didn't want that kangaroo guy posting multiple posts, he deserves my apologies, nothing more.

shywriter, you are reading into this too much, six bars or no bars he is still a man, he is not a god, I have already apologised to him because he explained why he didn't want that kangaroo guy posting multiple posts, he deserves my apologies, nothing more.

Good enough.. :blink: I've done more than my share of apologizing, for sure. I'm sorry if you read more into my original "flippant" post than I intended as I knew why he was making his comments before he explained them and you didn't. :D No harm; no foul.. Yes? :)

Shy

Good enough.. :blink: I've done more than my share of apologizing, for sure. I'm sorry if you read more into my original "flippant" post than I intended as I knew why he was making his comments before he explained them and you didn't. :D No harm; no foul.. Yes? :)

Shy

you knew why he was saying it because you know more than me about this forum, you know the runnings, I did see your original flippant but I ignored it, yeah you right, no harm no foul :) but no need to blink mate :)

• Root Admin
Is there any guide or something I can use to setup the advance features? Wouldn't mind having extra security.:welcome:

I really wish it was that easy Buttons. The fact is that even many Network Administrators are not good at setting up and configuring a firewall as it really is a very complex technology. These other companies that offer these firewall programs try to automate as much of this as possible and hide the complexity from the user, otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell the product.

There are many websites out there though that provide a lot of details on working with them if you want to take the time to read and really understand them. In this case Google, Yahoo, Bing are your friends for locating.

7\Vista Firewall Control by Sphinx Software is a pretty decent front end to the Windows 7 and Windows Vista firewall. It activates outbound blocking and hardens some of the existing advanced rules to further secure the system. I've been using it for a few years now and haven't had any major issues with it. It's quiet and seems to do a decent job.