wireless configuration-notification dll has not been registered, program will not work correctly.

i tried tweaking some startup stuff to cut down on what was running to help speed up my comp

and deleted some old unused programs, which i think may have contained the now problematic dll file

dunno what i did wrong as i thought i turned everything back to the way it was but im still getting this stupid error

"Notification dll

has not been registered program will not work correctly"

immediate upon bootup and starting to access my desktop

i tried running malwarebytes but im getting that runtime error 372 and i could not complete the fix mentioned here

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...amp;#entry34171

as the subinacl would not install for me

i cant drag and drop anything on my desktop and this is not only a pain in the but, its also preventing me from trying a technique i found to drag and drop the dll file to hopefully reg and fix it

i have downloaded notification.dll files i found online and created a shortcut to them from my desktop into my system32 folder since i cannot drag and drop.then i run regsvr32 notification.dll but cannot seem to get it to work to register it yet...

network connections is empty

tried a few other fixes i found elsewhere,none worked and gave me this message when i tried

ethernet adapter wireless network connection 2:

media state........:media disconnected

ethernet adapter local area connection:

media state........:media disconnected

and if its relevant and helps solve it, as soon as i hit enter, i can get around on my desktop,yet immediately it pops up not one but two of the same folders system32

and in the services section,it will not let me start alot of the various services that seem like they need to be running to access my wireless stuff ie

* Remote procedure call (RPC)

(This service must be started before other services can take effect.).

* Network Connections

(This service can only start if the RPC service is active.)

* Plug and Play

* COM+ Event System

(This service can only start if the RPC service is active.)

* Remote Access Connection Manager

(This service can only start if Telephony service is active.)

* Telephony

(This service can only start if the RPC service and the PnP Service are active.)

Those are not running and i know that is part of the problem but when i click on 'start' i get this error message. very frustrating!

"could not start the xxx service on local computer. error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start"

unfortunately i had system restore off so there are no restore points

i saw this tip elsewhere but am not sure how to implement it?

Great tip Pavel. That got it. The file assoicated with the Wireless

Configuration popup error is the DW WLAN Card Wirless Network Controller

exe

file - bcmwltry.exe. The notification dll the popup is assoicated with

\system32\wltrynt.dll (Wireless Notification Provider). Once I registered

wltrynt.dll, no more popup and the wireless worked immediately.

any help is appreciated,thanks

Hi jhess56 -

NOTE: This is a BETA test Fix written by AdvancedSetup.

First line in that section; That is almost 2 years old plus it is not always good to use others advice from that area - It can be user specific -

If you want Expert advice (and if no one adds advice to this post) please follow the directions below for detailed help -

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Post a brief note with this for the experts to read -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

FIRST - Read This -

Runtime error 372 is a glitch associated with the Microsoft Visual Basic software, one that occurs when attempting to load an ImageList control. This run time error is typically the result of a missing or outdated mscomctl.ocx file. Although these errors can be a terrible annoyance, solving them is a simple matter of troubleshooting.
So try to download Microsoft Visual Basic Common Controns from HERE

thanks for the reply

i downloaded that common controns and i still get the same 372 run time error when trying to run malwarebytes

im not saying i dont have malware issues but it seems my problems stem directly from deleting this darn notification.dll file from my system32 folder. i found what is supposed to be that file and dl it and transfered it to my computer but cant seem to get it into the proper folder because i cant drag and drop, and hence cant register it properly

"NOTE: This is a BETA test Fix written by AdvancedSetup." was that in reference to another thread im missing?

i cannot proceed with any of your other advice as i just get that 372 error when i double click the malwarebytes icon

thanks

"NOTE: This is a BETA test Fix written by AdvancedSetup." was that in reference to another thread im missing?
i cannot proceed with any of your other advice as i just get that 372 error when i double click the malwarebytes icon

That the first of mine line is from this link you provided above - http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...ost&p=34203

It was a topic that had been similar to yours but was now closed -

It was dated Nov 10 2008 -

You are better to let the experts look at it now -

Thank You - :)

EDIT -

Just follow as many of the directions as you can then post the new topic as listed - The experts will help you from there on -