20 second pause?

Hi people, I'm using MBAM 1.46. Nothing serious but I've noticed a 20 second pause between scanning the last of the registry and when it begins to scan the file system. Is this usual? I can't remember it happening on the earlier versions.

Hi -

A full 20 second pause is unusual - This is not a design feature in 1.46 -

Please select your O/S and reinstall your version of MBAM -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

This should only take 5-10 mins (it's longer to read than perform) -

Thank You - :blink:

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Mine always pauses for 3 seconds, and on the odd occasion it will be up to 30 seconds but then when the counter resumes counting it shows 20 secs or 34 seconds or whatever. The scan has never failed to resume counting or failed to complete though, so it's all good.

-

Mine may hesitate for 3-5 seconds at the most and then it will continue - I admit I do not watch it during it's full run always -

Just pointing out that I did not think it was a deliberate feature designed into 1.46 that I was aware of -

As it runs when I am not always watching it - I pointed out in Beta that it would hesitate for 3-5 seconds but that was all -

Sorry if I missed that one - Must watch the next few fully -

This is the first thing you'll see "Enumerating registry objects prior to scan" when running all scan options, once thats done the scan will proceed at neckbreak speed depending on your hardware. Not to worry. :blink:

To me its all the little bytes doing "mise en place" (everything in its place) yes I was a Chef back in the past.

Enumerating offical definitions:

1.To count off or name one by one; list:

2. To determine the number of; count.

This is the first thing you'll see "Enumerating registry objects prior to scan" when running all scan options, once thats done the scan will proceed at neckbreak speed depending on your hardware. Not to worry. :blink:

Yes sho-dan - that is the exact point at which I get my 3 seconds (and occasionally up to 30 seconds) pause too. Didn't make that clear in my comment above.

It's not unusual at all for me. I often have a delay between the registry portion of the scan and the file system portion, even on my faster system. As long as the scan continues I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Yes, the scan always continues. It's not something I'm worried about. I just wondered whether other people had it.

Thanks again. :blink: