McAfee VirusScan 8.7 disabled few seconds at start up

Hello, I need your help. Start-up occurs in the following order: WinPatrol, McAfee VirusSCan 8.7, SAS Pro, MBAM Pro. MBAM Pro was installed first and I was given instructions how to delay the start-up of MBAM Pro since it disabled McAfee every so often. Since installing SAS Pro and WinPatrol two days ago, McAfee is disabled just a second right before SAS Pro is activated. Should I delay the start-up of SAS Pro or is the problem with WinPatrol? I would appreciate any instructions how to correct this problem, i.e., if this is a problem to be concerned about since I'm not tech savvy.

Thank you!

What is your operating system and how much RAM does the system have?

I would not run SAS Pro with MBAM Pro as they are both anti malware applications.

What is your operating system and how much RAM doe the system have?

I would not run SAS Pro with MBAM Pro as they are both anti malware applications.

I haven't had any issues. Been using both for several months. Running two or more antiviruses is no, but not antimalware.

Hello again,

YoKenny1: I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with only 2.24 GB of RAM (I guess it's not much compared to today's standards). By running two anti-malware programs, will this cause incompatibilities with McAfee or am I just overloading my system?

Buttons: Thank you, I've moved SAS Pro to delayed start and the disabling of McAfee at startup is gone. Also, can you please tell me why you selected both MBAM Pro and SAS Pro to be run on your computer.

Thanks again for all your help!!! :)

I haven't had any issues. Been using both for several months. Running two or more antiviruses is no, but not antimalware.

Food for thought for you buttons....You have a lot of potential crossover with the software in your sig.

Now it's true that having two antiviruses installed may cause actual stabilty problems, even on a clean machine.

MBAM Pro, SAS Pro, Windows Defender, WinPatrol Plus (& add to that Online Armor Free if you use it's HIPS protection as well), all crossover into each others areas of protection, not to mention the impact on resources.

Whilst your anti-malware and System monitor programs might chug along quite merrily on a clean system, what would happen in the advent of a particularly nasty malware attack?

To find out only then that you have problems with the software conflicting could prove disastrous. :blink:

On my xp system (1gb ram) I have OnlineArmor, Avira Personal, MBAM pro & Winpatrol with an updated hostsfile and that about it. It works pretty well for me.