Windows 7 64 Bit

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. 4gb memory. McAfee Anti virus. Full scan freezes periodically. Restarts on left mouse click most of the time. In 6 attempts freeze is permanent in Nero ver 9 scan area (may be coincidence or?). Had to abort scan in each case as freeze led to "not responding".

Does same with Anti Virus on or off.

1st question would be is there a different version for 64 bit?

2nd question would be is there a separate version for Windows 7? (I don't see anything here that goes beyond Vista but I'm new and no Tech - so I could use some "direction".)

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes....

To answer both your questions, its the same version for 32bit and 64bit versions of windows. It is also the same version for all supported versions of windows.

What version of McAfee are you using and have you entered the exceptions for MBAM as listed below....

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

Hi, Grasshopper:

You might want to check at the McAfee forums about this -- I am pretty sure it was there (as opposed to here at the MBAM boards???) that I saw a recent thread about Nero 9.

I could be remembering it wrong, but I think it was the Nero ver 9 that was the problem.

FWIW, I don't have Nero, but MBAM Pro 1.46 with active protection runs fine in real-time alongside McAfee on both my Vista Ult SP2 (X86) and my Win7 Ult (x64) systems, at least with the "2009" version of the McAfee Security Center (the products were OEM on my Dell systems and I haven't yet received the 2010 version updates). I don't think McAfee consumer products allow the user to set individual file exclusions in the antivirus, but you can go into the firewall settings to be sure that the MBAM program files are allowed "full access".

Gosh -- sorry I can't be more precise. I do know that someone somewhere recently had issues with Nero. Wish I could remember exactly whether it was here or on the McAfee boards.... :-(

Good luck,

daledoc1

Hi, Grasshopper:

You might want to check at the McAfee forums about this -- I am pretty sure it was there (as opposed to here at the MBAM boards???) that I saw a recent thread about Nero 9.

I could be remembering it wrong, but I think it was the Nero ver 9 that was the problem.

FWIW, I don't have Nero, but MBAM Pro 1.46 with active protection runs fine in real-time alongside McAfee on both my Vista Ult SP2 (X86) and my Win7 Ult (x64) systems, at least with the "2009" version of the McAfee Security Center (the products were OEM on my Dell systems and I haven't yet received the 2010 version updates). I don't think McAfee consumer products allow the user to set individual file exclusions in the antivirus, but you can go into the firewall settings to be sure that the MBAM program files are allowed "full access".

I have Nero 9. Haven't had any issues though. But I don't have Mcafee or windows 7 either.

To answer both your questions, its the same version for 32bit and 64bit versions of windows. It is also the same version for all supported versions of windows.

What version of McAfee are you using and have you entered the exceptions for MBAM as listed below....

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Thanks for the quick and accurate reply. I think there is added problems with Nero 9 which I'll follow up on soon. Great to have some help in plain language. Much appreciated

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Thanks for the quick and accurate reply. I think there is added problems with Nero 9 which I'll follow up on soon. Great to have some help in plain language. Much appreciated

Hi, Grasshopper:

Gosh -- sorry I can't be more precise. I do know that someone somewhere recently had issues with Nero. Wish I could remember exactly whether it was here or on the McAfee boards.... :-(

Good luck,

Thanks for the clues. I need to work through this latest version of McAfee and see about exclusions. Meanwhile I've verified that Nero 9 isn't involved at this point - not to exclude it as possible conflict within McAfee which, in turn, causes the "freeze". I'll make sure that MBAM program files have full access and run it again. I'll also go into McAfee forums and do a bit more digging. Thanks again,

daledoc1

I have Nero 9. Haven't had any issues though. But I don't have Mcafee or windows 7 either.

See above replies. I'm getting the feeling it may be that Nero 9 isn't involved and it may be as simple as setting the access in McAfee. It'll be a day or two before I can get back to it - but I'll post whatever the solution turns out to be. Thanks for the help.