MBAM on VirusTotal ?

I personally think this is a good idea.

It is a great idea. However, VirusTotal is for antivirus companies in which we are not. Unless they start antimalware then probably not. Spyware Terminator by Crawler isn't even listed. Although it has an anti-virus feature that's not it's main component/purpose.

You mean, the MBAM Stuff anlaysis Team became the Samples, to out this in here updateengine ?

You're wrong! By this logic, companies like Symantec, Kaspersky and ESET "donate" their engine.

It is a great idea. However, VirusTotal is for antivirus companies in which we are not. Unless they start antimalware then probably not. Spyware Terminator by Crawler isn't even listed. Although it has an anti-virus feature that's not it's main component/purpose.

You're wrong! If you look in the title of Virustotal will see the following:

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan

In addition, if you noticed in the list of programs for analysis is included and a-squared (Emsisoft), which is not anti-virus, but anti-malware program.

• 2 months later...

From my understanding VirusTotal, Jotti and VirScan are used with Anti-Virus engines. MBAM is not an AV so therefore I don't think the analysis sites would take it.

HOWEVER if there was something like this online it would be great. IMO speed up the Malware Hunters process and the 'engineers'.

I believe there are possible improvements that could be made to the new submissions, but at this time I think it is quite effective.