Jump to content

mbamservice.exe consuming all CPU with Norton Ghost

Recommended Posts


I have Norton Ghost for backups. It is, by itself, a resource hog but now that I have installed Malwarebytes (licensed) it is ridiculous. PQV2iSvc.exe (Ghost) consumes about 40% of the CPU and mbamservice.exe the other 60%. When I suspend Ghost mbamservice stops hogging the system at the same time.

Is there something I can do to stop Malwarebytes monitoring this process (I assume that is what it is doing?)

Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a question, why do you have Norton Ghost running all the time? I thought it was mainly used for image backup and restore.....

The service runs all the time but only consumes resources when the scheduled backups kick off. I have incremental backups scheduled every three hours or so. Normally they just take a couple of minutes but now the backups take longer and have a greater impact on the system (i.e., it is unusable).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.