Attention 1.17 users

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Marcin

Ran 3 Full scans on Vista Ultimate 32 bit OEM w/SP1 installed. The first and third full scan had the unexpected shutdown error/Bluescreen and the second full scan was completed. Sent Event log attachment via your org. email address

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.17

Database version: 851

7:22:16 PM 6/12/2008

mbam-log-6-12-2008 (19-22-16).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 117286

Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Edit:

ok :lol:

Anyone that gets a crash please let us know what other security software you have installed .

I ran a full scan and it crashed my computer 3 times. I disabled all of my security and it still crashed my computer only when I set it to do a full scan. When I do a quick scan, it does not crash the computer.

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2008 and Haute Secure and Windows Defender.

I am running Vista Home Premium sp1

You are both using x86 versions of Vista, right?

BTW: Marcin, I haven't run a full scan before, so tomorrow when I get on site I will start up the laptop, and let it run a full scan. I'll let you know on MSN if I had any crashing issues.

You are both using x86 versions of Vista, right?

BTW: Marcin, I haven't run a full scan before, so tomorrow when I get on site I will start up the laptop, and let it run a full scan. I'll let you know on MSN if I had any crashing issues.

I am using Vista 32 bit

32-bit vista business sp1

If you would like me to turn-off all resident programs and scan let me know (if your not sure if its Vista or malware protection related)

Full scan didn't take as long as I expected. It also didn't crash my work laptop, or find any malware or false-positives. I will try testing in Vista x64 when I get home. I have Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 and Vista Ultimate x64 with no service packs and no extra software installed that I can test with. Marcin, if you get the issues figured out before then, then let me know.

If you would like me to turn-off all resident programs and scan let me know (if your not sure if its Vista or malware protection related)

That might be a good idea. If you want to try it, you can. Unless Marcin gets this figured out and a fix properly beta tested before I get home, then I will also be doing a series of tests of my own. Let us know if you get anywhere.

I turned off all protection (after disconnecting from the internet) and the full scan did not cause BSOD. Turned off Windows Defender, Trend Micro AV and Firewall

Database version: 851

5:29:15 PM 6/13/2008

mbam-log-6-13-2008 (17-29-15).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)

Objects scanned: 128353

Time elapsed: 16 minute(s), 21 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Anyone that gets a crash please let us know what other security software you have installed .

ive started using malware bytes for the past few weeks and think its great. ive had no crashes until yesterday.

i updated and ran a full scan yesterday, 6/13 and my computer crashed.

i updated today 6/14. database v 856/v 1.17 and ran a full scan and my computer crashed.

i have xp home sp2 i didnt get a blue screen just a reboot and serious error notice.

i have avira anti-virus, webroot spysweeper, windows defender, spyware blaster, spybot, zone alarm.

I have been running on-demand full scans daily without problems for a long time. (I had disabled resident protection a long time ago because of system slowdowns).

Tonight I thought I would re-enable Protection, to see if things had improved. After updating to db 856, I ran a full scan and got a BSOD shutdown about 4 minutes in. After rebooting, I noticed MBAM Protection was disabled. I ran a full scan without problem.

I can't help but point the finger at Protection here ...

XP MCE 2005

NOD32 v2.7

Comodo Firewall Pro 3.x

Comodo BOClean 4.26

Windows Defender

Hello, I'm new here and just bought this product. After 4 mins I too BSOD, but fast scan worked fine.I'm running afew programs here.

1. Winpatrol

2.Spy sweeper

3.Superantispyware

4. Norton suite 2008

5. Windows defender

6.Avg anti-spyware

7. Spywareblaster

8.Counter spy

also running vista home premium sp1

ive started using malware bytes for the past few weeks and think its great. ive had no crashes until yesterday.

i updated and ran a full scan yesterday, 6/13 and my computer crashed.

i updated today 6/14. database v 856/v 1.17 and ran a full scan and my computer crashed.

i have xp home sp2 i didnt get a blue screen just a reboot and serious error notice.

i have avira anti-virus, webroot spysweeper, windows defender, spyware blaster, spybot, zone alarm.

Spybot is a rogue program and should be removed. Spybot Search and Destroy is not. Which do you have?

Hello, I'm new here and just bought this product. After 4 mins I too BSOD, but fast scan worked fine.I'm running afew programs here.

1. Winpatrol

2.Spy sweeper

3.Superantispyware

4. Norton suite 2008

5. Windows defender

6.Avg anti-spyware

7. Spyblaster

8.Counter spy

also running vista home premium sp1

Spyblaster is a rogue program and should be removed.

MBAM started with boot this morning, but the scheduled update and quick scan failed. I did both manually. Quck scan was twice as slow as it has been with this version but I do have many tabs open in FF one a media player for RaceBuddy. :P

Database version: 857

11:14:21 AM 6/15/2008

mbam-log-6-15-2008 (11-14-21).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 36781

Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 25 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Guest bbildman

Vista home Premium, 1.16 crashed my system, as does 1.17 with a full scan. I removed Symantex AntiVirus and Zone Alarm since 1.16 and installed Avasta AntiVirus, using Vista Firewall. The restart happens about 7 - 8 minutes in. Sorry

bbildman, don't worry. Marcin is working on the crash issue. The last I heard heard, he knows what's causing it, and he's trying to get the issue sorted out.

Also, please keep in mind that the Quick Scan finds at least 99% of the stuff that the Full Scan does.

I see that the BSoD issue is being addressed. First, I think MBAM is a fantastic product (good job, Malwarebyes) and I find the team extremely responsive.

Just to add my experience, I too suffer a BSoD on a full scan. It happens quickly: ~24 seconds in, during the registry scan. This is on Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I'm also running AVG Anti-Virus 8.0.

I look forward to the fix and thank you for all your hard work on MBAM.