Update Issues with version 1.46

I got the following popups:-

---------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

The latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has been downloaded. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now close and install the latest version.

OK Cancel

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam-setup.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

OK

Error

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam-ssdt-32.sysAn error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:MoveFile failed; code 32.The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

Abort Retry Ignore

The first is to be expected, the second is overcome by shifting the exe and running from my desktop and the third is what the heck! Hit retry...but no go until I closed out of PE Guard(SeeWilders).

Anyway, the upshot is, I got it installed. :)

Well, I ran the install/update directly from the program, let the computer reboot. After reboot, tried to run MWB, went through the whole thing again as if 1.46 had never been installed. Let it install (again), rebooted. Now it's OK. However, the news part of the program interface is still cheerfully telling me that 1.45 has just been released.

:)

Another reboot corrected it (as well as a conflict with another third party software which wasn't working correctly after the 2nd installation). News blurb is now correct.

The same here !

Why must reboot, update 1.44 to 1.45 was same problem here ?! Is a Bug ? :)

Oldviking,

(and anyone else that may be reading here)

With some software programs, a reboot is required in order to fully install a new version and/or a new update.

There was a recent update with Adobe Reader that also required a reboot. AV updates sometimes require a reboot as well. I had an update to my AV the other day that required a reboot to finish.

Good morning: I checked my machine (XP SP3) this morning, and my regularly scheduled daily 6 A.M. QuickScan (app. ver. 1.45; DB ver. 4052) ran without error. I double-clicked my desktop shortcut, saw the message box about the available update, accepted the message, the update downloaded, the machine restarted, and MBAM service and RT protection started without incident. No double-installation, no double reboots, and no errors. I launched the app., saw the news item about the 1.46 release, downloaded DB ver. 4053, and the update date on the "Update" tab and the tool tip from the systray icon both said "4/30/2010". I know others (and some with XP machines) are having issues, but my update went smooth. Odd, but computers are often odd.