about protection module

As paying customer,how do I know protection module worked and run properly ? So far, I've never noticed any pop-up or message that malicious IP / site was blocked :) ?

could you give me some malicious IP /website to test the module ?

Another question, why the date is still old when database was updated :) ?

thank you

Hello abuaufa, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

For your first question, you may check out this site here:

http://www.spycar.org/

Then you'll need to go here to accept their EULA:

http://www.spycar.org/Spycar%20EULA.html

SpyCar is a site designed to test your Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware software against harmless files and downloads that pose as malicious ones. The files are totally harmless and any changes made to your system, which are also totally harmless, are reversible at the end of the test.

For your second question, are you logged in as an administrator? Or, if running Vista or 7, you may right-click on the Malwarebytes icon (from your desktop, not sure if this works from the task tray) and choose "Run as administrator".

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button located at the bottom of the page.

Thank you :)

I still don't understand about Spycar :) I hold this.

Intelguardians cannot be held responsible if these files and/or your anti-spyware tool in combination with these files cause any damage to your computer. You download and run these files at your own risk. Download and run these files only if you are sufficiently knowledgeable in the usage of your anti-spyware tool and operating system. Intelguardians cannot and will not provide any help to remove these files or the changes they cause from your computer. Please contact the manufacturer of your anti-spyware tool to seek such help.

I logged as fully administrator

abuaufa,

I wasn't comfortable doing it at first either because of that statement but I can assure you its safe. They have that there as a disclaimer to free them from any liability and also so that you are aware that they will not be held responsible for anything that could happen to you computer.

It's extremely unlikely that anything bad will happen to your machine. When you run a file (vs saving it) it will ask you to make a test profile. It will give you instructions also on how to reverse any changes that may have been made to your system as a result. As long as you allow Mbam to do its job and you select QUARANTINE when the protection module pops up, changes will not even be made.

If you don't want to move forward and use SpyCar to test Malwarebytes, I am not sure what other test there is to test the actual protection module.

What I do to test IP protection anyway is go into the False Positives forum and pick a reported IP False Positive that looks relatively safe (nothing related to torrents/wares/phishing scams etc...) and go to that website (NOT directly to the IP itself). So you could do this to test the IP/Website blocker if you'd like :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,Mountaintree for quick reply :)

Go to FPs forum, try a malicious IP and it worked now :)

A pop-up / message told that IP was succesfully blocked. For Spycar test, I'll keep it for future reference.

for second question, I noticed theres different date of database version among MBAM tray and main GUI ( in Update tab ).

MBAM tray say 4049 4/29/2010

Main GUI say 4049 4/28/2010

another question, why did MBAM GUI load little bit slow (about 15-20 secs) ? is it normal ? I pretty sure, my PC CLEAN

abuaufa,

You are quite welcome! :)

As for the update dates being off (4-28 vs 4-29) this does happen once in a while, but no worries.

Database 4049 is the current database that I have and I updated about an hour or two ago :) So you seem to be all up to date.

Was your issue that the date was off or are updates not occurring at all?

Just add a side note for the 1st question,

Malwarebytes does set up a dedicated website to test the IP protection module. The site is:

http://iptest.malwarebytes.org

It is at the malwarebytes' own server, so it is also safe to test :)

note: The information comes from what exile360 said in this post.

Cheers.

edit - oh, i spot a grammatical mistake in "malwarebyte's" :)