Bug in MalwareBytes?

fzub

Just wanted to report that after running a scan and something is found, whether false positive or not, and I choose to click on ignore, instead of "remove", Malwarebytes responds back that the scan is still running when trying to exit. This happens in all versions I have used so far.

• Staff

Are you allowing the scan to finish before adding to ignore?

I've not run into this one on 3 different OSes with all the testing I've done. And I have to add like 5 things to ignore with every reinstall.

I've not run into this one on 3 different OSes with all the testing I've done. And I have to add like 5 things to ignore with every reinstall.

MBAM suggest me, the scan is over, finished and i want delete or use the quarantine function, and than came up this indication...

But i think in the past only in the version 1.44, i have a deep look on the version 1.45, i am not does this "Bug" occur in the version 1.45 too.

MAM

I've never tried to ignore a detected item before actually, but if it would help out here I could download a SpyCar file as a test tonight & test this out and report back.

I've never tried to ignore a detected item before actually, but if it would help out here I could download a SpyCar file as a test tonight & test this out and report back.

Hello, please read posting 1, from the tread starter.

PS: What is a SpyCar ?

MAM

MAM,

SpyCar is a website that is there to test your AV and AM software. It has non-malicious downloads and files to run to test against your AV & AM software to see how well it performs. The items do not harm your computer at all, and any changes made to your system (which are harmless) can be reversed at the end.

I did read posting one from the thread starter :)

Yes the scan is apparently completed, and the window to perform the actions on the detected objects is open showing the detected objects. I have added screenshots.

Thanks,

Fzub

Scan Completed:

post-36058-1272486152_thumb.jpg

Show Results:

post-36058-1272486166_thumb.jpg

Select Object, Click Ignore and then Click Exit:

post-36058-1272486174_thumb.jpg

I will be more than happy to test this on my system tonight to see what happens for me.

Question though for you fzub, since I didn't quite see it in your screen shot, did you highlight the detection and then press ignore?

I will be more than happy to test this on my system tonight to see what happens for me.

Question though for you fzub, since I didn't quite see it in your screen shot, did you highlight the detection and then press ignore?

That is the same what i wroting in the posting # 4 !

MAM

Yes, the detected object was highlighted then Ignore was clicked. I should also mention that this happens on XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Yes. This is what I did. But still a bug? As remove selected suggests that there is something to select but there is nothing. So that is a work around.

Click on Remove Selected after ignoring the detection(s), it will then report that there are no items left to be removed, just click OK and then select Main Menu or Exit and you will not receive the scan in progress warning.

Mbam is good!! :) Detected the SpyCar file with the protection module before I even got to hit the "scan" button.

I quarantined it, then I restored it. Ran a quick scan. Clicked to highlight the result, clicked ignore. Then I hit exit, got same message as fzub did. Tried what Exile posted, and that did the trick :)

Fzub,

It may just be that's how Mbam works, in order to not have that message come up at you you have to click remove selected after ignoring an item. Someone on staff may let us know if that is the case, if it is the case.

Edit: This was done in beta 1.46 btw.

Yes. This is what I did. But still a bug? As remove selected suggests that there is something to select but there is nothing. So that is a work around.

It's not a bug, it's actually by design as a scan is not considered complete until the removal process is done, even if there's nothing left to remove. I can easily see how this can be confusing though, and it's always possible that this may be changed/simplified in the future if the developers decide to do so.