403 forbidden and zlob

Hi there!

My comp's been slowly spiralling out of control so I thought I'd consult the experts. The latest problem is when I Google something, I get a 'Sorry from Google' page (not in the usual google font) with Error 403 forbidden written at the top. I've also started getting lots of "DNS server errors". Never had either before.

My computer has been getting very slow too, and I've only had it a year. I have AVG free, Spybot S&D, and Zone alarm. It seems that everything has been going haywire since I upgraded to AVG free 8.0 (maybe I'm not using it right?).

Also, what exactly is: "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\.. ... Found Adware.Generic" cuz I get loads. Can I just delete everything it finds? Also had a Zlob Trojan turn up on AVG... I sent it to the vault then deleted it. This also seems to coincide with the onset of my problems. Subsequent AVG scans don't detect it anymore.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Many thanks!

:lol:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm in the process of following the instructions. When I did the panda scan it didn't look anything like in the "how to panda scan post". Plus, when it was scanning, my AVG shield detected a trojan horse patched_c.PO in the Panda scan. I sent it to my vault. Then Panda said I had no infections (but no report whatsoever) and asked me to register. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks.

Hi Lessur and welcome to Malwarebytes. Plsease follow the instructions here http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936 and start your own topic int that forum someone will be happy to help you.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm in the process of following the instructions. When I did the panda scan it didn't look anything like in the "how to panda scan post". Plus, when it was scanning, my AVG shield detected a trojan horse patched_c.PO in the Panda scan. I sent it to my vault. Then Panda said I had no infections (but no report whatsoever) and asked me to register. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks.

Well, if it didn't look like the how to post, most likely you weren't doing the right scan. I made that tutorial with step by step screen shots. Try another scan as you have been told in two replies. Something wasn't right with your Panda attempt. Maybe disable AVG for any scans.