Need help badly guys

Nath123

Guys, some how i caught a very bad virus, antivirus win 7/antispyware soft etc, it has many names, it infiltrates safe mode and survives sytem restores, i'm told the only thing that can nerf it properly is malwarebytes.

Now i consider myself a pretty unlucky guy already, but i downloaded malwarebytes and it just isn't working, i downloaded an older copy, worked fine, but it couldn't detect this virus because it's quite recent and this was a january copy.

But i updated and for some reason i get "error_expanding_variables , (0,9)" and something about "mbamswissarmy"?

It's really only a matter of time before this virus completely erradicates my brand new

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Hello Nath123,

MBAM is one of the tools that uses for removing those nasty malware, but not the only one.

As you have mentioned you got some malware resided on your system, I think what AdvancedSetup mean is that since MBAM is not usable at this point of time (as the malware may try to block the access of MBAM), it is better to use other tools (and maybe using MBAM at a later point of time) under the guidance of the experts here (or some other sites like bleeping computer) for free.

Please follow the advice from AdvancedSetup above. If the error codes comes again after you have cleaned up the malware in your system, you are always welcome to post that in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum.

Thank you.

(Ron, please clarify if I say anything not correct.)

Hello Nath123,

MBAM is one of the tools that uses for removing those nasty malware, but not the only one.

As you have mentioned you got some malware resided on your system, I think what AdvancedSetup mean is that since MBAM is not usable at this point of time (as the malware may try to block the access of MBAM), it is better to use other tools (and maybe using MBAM at a later point of time) under the guidance of the experts here (or some other sites like bleeping computer) for free.

Please follow the advice from AdvancedSetup above. If the error codes comes again after you have cleaned up the malware in your system, you are always welcome to post that in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum.

Thank you.

(Ron, please clarify if I say anything not correct.)

Okay first of all, after a system restore the malware is gone and isn't restricting anything [for a limited amount of time, usually 12 hours or so]

Secondly, the reason malwarebytes won't open, is because of problems with the programme itself.

Thirdly, the only tool that is working for removing the new antivirus 2010 virus is malwarebytes alone.

Fourthly, bleeping computers advice IS to use malwarebytes.

Fifthly i doubt i'll be returning to this site seeing as i've had two responses from apparent administrators who have neither bothered to read my posts nor have had any actual idea on what their programme does or doesn't do.

And lastly, I'll fix it myself. Thanks for the...literacy :)

@ Nath123 -

1st - System restore will never remove an infection - It may 'hide it' for 5 mins-

2nd - Malwarebytes program is being infected by leaving the infection there and not taking advice from AdvancedSetup -

3rd - Malwarebytes can (could) remove this if you acted very quickly -

4th - I also advise on Bleeping Computers and the instructions are written in their archives - As they are here -

5th - The advice is directed at removal of this infection that came from a site you visited - Not from here -

We just wanted to help you -

Thank You - :)

Hello Nath123,

First I'm glad your system is back to a state for a better environment that you can try to fix.

Then I would like to address one issue in your last reply.

Fifthly i doubt i'll be returning to this site seeing as i've had two responses from apparent administrators who have neither bothered to read my posts nor have had any actual idea on what their programme does or doesn't do.

Indeed, I am just an ordinary person here, and just try to help within my best of knowledge. If you look at my signature with that of AdvancedSetup, you can see that the difference - AdvancedSetup is an employee of Malwarebytes, where I'm not.

IMHO, if MBAM cannot remove it even with the renaming tricks (eg from "mbam.exe" to "explorer.exe"), then it is good for asking experts to check and cure. (It is the policy in the forums, like here or bleeping computers, that experts can only help you in the Malware removal forum).

Sorry for your time for reading and hope your system will be back to normal.

Thank you. :)

Edit - Just to agree with marktreg below that we need to rule out the possibility of malware interference, then we can try some instructions to see if it is about the non-malware ones.

This infection could easly have been removed by the expert helpers in the HJT forum. Either manually or by using malware removal tools other than MBAM. When the computer was clean, if MBAM still did not work, the problem could have been addressed then. It is pointless trying to address a possibly non-malware related MBAM problem, such as an AV conflict or firewall block etc, with malware present on the computer. You would never know if it was the malware, or something non-malware related, that was causing the MBAM problem. But if users refuse to follow advice from the head of MBAM Technical Support, and don't post any logs for analysis, then there's nothing you can do to help them.