MB full version doesn't block eicar or Spycar

I've just purchased and installed MB Full version. However, I tried it out by running the eicar and Spycar tests, but it failed to block both, or even recognise them.

Under 'protection', the box to 'enable protection module' seems ticked but it is greyed out, but all the boxes below can be ticked or unticked.

Why isn't the program picking up these test strings?

PS I have the most recent def updates.

Thanks!

Hi -

There will always be some that slip in - That is why we have our team of experts to remove any undetected items -

If any boxes seem Greyed out , try to log in as administrator -

Thank You -

EDIT - Please note that Malwarebytes should not be your only protection - Your Antivirus and other programs should also help -

Spycar should be detected, Eicar I don't believe is. Do you have the red Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon in your taskbar tray next to your clock? If not, then please open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Protection tab and make sure that the following are checked:

• Start protection module with Windows.
  • Start file execution blocking when protection module starts.

Also, if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 then there will be a delay before protection starts, this is deliberate to attempt to avoid potential startup conflicts with whatever anti-virus software you are running on your system.

Also, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not detect files as they are being downloaded, only when they attempt to execute in memory (another feature designed to avoid conflicts with anti-virus software since they already do this and having 2 softwares do this at once would drag down system performance).

To properly test, double-click on one of the Spycar files you downloaded, it should be detected by MBAM as long as the protection module is running.