Installing Malwarebytes on Vista

I need some major help since I have tried everything that I knew and did not get anywhere.

First malwarebytes is a great program. I have previously used this program on my business computer which has xp and it cleared out the spy ware easily. Couple days later I had a virus on my personal laptop which has Vista and I have been unable to install Mbytes.

There are two major problems:

1) Search engines are being redirected to useless pages.

2) 95% of the time .exe files are not running (it tries to open and then just disappears) ( I have also tried file extention fix for vista but that was not the problem)

I have tried various stuff including trying to use universal extractor ...but it wont extract and comes up with error. I have used so many other programs without any success. I know this program can help me out is there any way I can install this???? PLEASE HELP???

Hi there raiseup151z and welcome to Malwarebytes. Do you get error messages? You must be running as the Administrator. Sounds like the malware may recognize MBAM and is blocking the install. Try renaming it to raiseup151z.exe and installing in safe mode.

I suggest you start a topic in this forum http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7 follow the instructions in the Pre- HiJack This! posting topic as best you can. There are other tools we can use to clean you to the point of getting MBAM on the system, if renaming won't work.

Maybe Marcin can bundle a copy into a ZIP file so that you can extract it and run it in Safe Mode. I would do it, but I'm at the Indianapolis Starbucks regional headquarters wating for a spyware scan to finish...

Maybe Marcin can bundle a copy into a ZIP file so that you can extract it and run it in Safe Mode. I would do it, but I'm at the Indianapolis Starbucks regional headquarters wating for a spyware scan to finish...

Hey I need a Grande or a nap. :lol: