hepat59

trojan.Spambot

I got Trojan.spambot in an Illustrator file today as well: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Illustrator CS\Plug-ins\Photoshop Filters\Unsharpen Mask.8bf. I'm ignoring it. But why all of a sudden, after updating this morning, such a strange item in Illustrator.

@MaraShylaStewart, Aspid Istra (and others who have this result)

If you have quarantined the file(s), then go to the 'Quarantine' tab and restore them first. Then please follow the instructions HERE, zip the file(s) in question, and attach it with the developer log in your next reply (remember to use the ADDREPLY button at the bottom instead of the reply one). The developer will further investigate then.

Thank you. :)

I got Trojan.spambot in an Illustrator file today as well: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Illustrator CS\Plug-ins\Photoshop Filters\Unsharpen Mask.8bf. I'm ignoring it. But why all of a sudden, after updating this morning, such a strange item in Illustrator.

I have the same thing....can someone please confirm if it is a false positive, thanks!

mbam_log_2010_05_05__15_10_57_.txt

Hi,

Unfortunately we can't do anything as long as we don't have the sample and/or the developers log.

So please do the following...

1. Click the Start Menu.

2. Click Run.

3. Type in "mbam.exe /developer", without the quotes.

4. Run the same type of scan you did before and save the logfile and post it.

Also, zip and attach the sample being detected.

Thanks.

Hi,

posting for the first time because I have the same problem with trojan.spambot that your program found in the file "ODlg8.dll", part of the OriginLab "Origin 8" program. I followed your instructions and in the attached file there are the file and the log of the scan. Tell me please if it's a false positive. Thanks.

ODlg8.dll.zip

Hi,

This will be fixed in next update.

so was Unsharpen Mask.8bf (Trojan.Spambot) confirmed to be a false positive?