cant run Mbam

Hello, :)

I was using Mcafee because it came free with my internet provider, but the XP security virus sneaked right by it and set up shop on my system. I was able to kill it for the most part by downloading Pctools and a fix i found someplace. but I really want to run Malwarebytes and it just wont run. At first it said it was missing Msvbvm60.dll so i reinstalled that and now Im getting a runtime error '0' and a 440 autorun error. I tried changing the name as suggested on this site but that made no diffrence at all. I have since deleted Pc tools and installed AVG ,I did a full scan and it came up completly clean. I have also run Ccleaner and cleaned up and Misc. files with that. but for some reason I cant run Malwarebytes. I have read several of the help threads on this forum and didnt find one that helped. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks. I printed out the welcome thread but didnt download or run any of the programs since i cant run mbam.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstall and used malware clean tool. and reinstalled mbam still no luck( well in installs it just wont run)

Im running windows XP . my computer seems to be running fine a bit slower maybe. I feel confident that I removed the Xp Security threat but perhaps there is something more going on.

thanks for your help

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.

Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

[*]Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

---

Download GMER here by clicking download exe -button and then saving it your desktop:

• Double-click .exe that you downloaded
  • Click rootkit-tab, uncheck files option and then click scan.
  • Don't check
    Show All
    box while scanning in progress!
  • When scanning is ready, click Copy.
  • This copies log to clipboard
  • Post log (if the log is long, archive it into a zip file and attach instead of posting) in your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!