conections between KAV and malwarebytes

solunac

Hello solunac, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes and thank you for your purchase :(

Please add the following to Trusted Applications in Kaspersky if you've not done so already:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Let me know if that helps!

What operating system are you running by the way?

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button located at the bottom of the page.

Thank you :)

Edit: Let me know if you need directions/ a screen shot, I use Kaspersky too :)

Hello solunac,

KAV is an antivirus application, whereas MBAM is an antispyware application. Both will run together just fine usually.

See here for an explanation about the differences between Antivirus and Antispyware.

Keep in mind you should only have one Antivirus application on your computer. You can however have more than one Antispyware application installed.

In case you have specific problems with KAV and MBAM running together, please let us know :)

• 1 month later...
Hello solunac,

KAV is an antivirus application, whereas MBAM is an antispyware application. Both will run together just fine usually.

See here for an explanation about the differences between Antivirus and Antispyware.

Keep in mind you should only have one Antivirus application on your computer. You can however have more than one Antispyware application installed.

In case you have specific problems with KAV and MBAM running together, please let us know :D

What about BitDefender Total security 2010 and MalwareBytes running together? BitDefender is anti-virus and anti-spyware. I thought Malwarebytes protects you from everything not only spyware!

IDKWatMyDisplayNameShoudBe,

Please use the "ADD REPLY" button located at the bottom of the page in the future when replying.

Malwarebytes protects from Malware. This does include protection from SOME viruses but it is NOT an anti-virus program. Please see the official info page here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

So Malwarebytes should be used with a good anti-virus program. Many anti-virus programs also include protection from some spyware, but Malwarebytes does NOT protect against JUST spyware.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like using two security programs both with the real time protection; that can have conflicts detecting the same files and they could make the pc slower.

I usually use an antivirus with the real time protection (e.g. Antivir) and some antispyware softwares (free versions) wothout that.

Hi giofio :)

Well it is very possible to run an antivirus and an antimalware/spyware application such as Malwarebytes together without issues, and many people do just that. Typically any issues between the two can be resolved by adding exclusions to the antivirus program for the antimalware/spyware program.

I run an AV and Mbam together, have added the necessary exclusions to my AV, and they work together very nicely and there are no conflicts.

It is true though, that you should never run two anti-VIRUS applications together as they can conflict and also lower your system security.

Dear mountaintree16

honestly I've never tried MBAM pro, but I really don't like having two real time scanners working on my pc even if they don't conflict. :) Perhaps it's an obsession of mine. :)

That's alright, and your choice :)

I wanted the extra protection (a layered approach) and also I purchased to support Malwarebytes :)