Mouse cursor won't move

I was installing Kapersky Internet Security 2010 on my friends computer, but the computer suddenly shutdown and restarted and Kapersky didn't install, but now the mouse cursor won't move it's just frozen in the middle of the screen. Is this a software conflict? or is it malware that has reacted to attempted installation of Kapersky and shut the computer to stop it from installing resulting in a inactive cursor?

I really need help because my friend is blaming me and he is going to kill me

I was installing Kapersky Internet Security 2010 on my friends computer, but the computer suddenly shutdown and restarted and Kapersky didn't install, but now the mouse cursor won't move it's just frozen in the middle of the screen. Is this a software conflict? or is it malware that has reacted to attempted installation of Kapersky and shut the computer to stop it from installing resulting in a inactive cursor?

I really need help because my friend is blaming me and he is going to kill me

I know what's going on here, I am being ignored on purpose, it's cool anyway

It is quite possible that there could be malware on that computer, and installing the AV could have cause a reboot.

Are you able to use the keyboard? What version of windows do you have? Did you install MBAM first and do a quick scan?

Does the mouse work if you boot to safe mode?

It is quite possible that there could be malware on that computer, and installing the AV could have cause a reboot.

Are you able to use the keyboard? What version of windows do you have? Did you install MBAM first and do a quick scan?

Does the mouse work if you boot to safe mode?

Yes the keyboard is working fine

The version of windows is Windows 7

I haven't tried that to see if the mouse works in safe mode yet

If I boot to safe mode and the mouse works, what would this mean and what would it mean if it doesn't work?

• Root Admin

No one is ignoring you. You're just being impractical with your expectation of a response in less than an hour. This is a support forum and not an instant messenger with your friends. If someone is here and can assist you they often will, but no one is waiting here 24/7 just to respond.

Everyone needs to please remain civil when posting or the posts will be removed (which I have done to a couple of unneeded posts) and or if continued abusive posts will result in posting restrictions.

Thank you.

No one is ignoring you. You're just being impractical with your expectation of a response in less than an hour. This is a support forum and not an instant messenger with your friends. If someone is here and can assist you they often will, but no one is waiting here 24/7 just to respond.

Everyone needs to please remain civil when posting or the posts will be removed (which I have done to a couple of unneeded posts) and or if continued abusive posts will result in posting restrictions.

Thank you.

Just had to get a little jab in, I'm already over it, so I don't get why we are still talking about me being ignored, I apologise that I thought I was being ignored but please let's drop it now, I came on here to get help for my friend not talk about me getting ignored all day