MBAM Protection Module & VIPRE

Hi:

@PGIV: Thanks for the heads up. Technically speaking, since I'm considering installing VIPRE on my Win7 Pro (X86) laptop, not an XP system, the registry hack shouldn't be needed (or so they say ;-) ); and I have WinPatrol, so I could always set MBAM for a delayed start or I could just start the MBAM protection module manually after Windows and VIPRE load (this is what I currently do on the laptop running WISE). But I'll surely watch for any freezes and hangups.

@Haider: Seems Sunbelt is having some issues with WIFI networking and VIPRE Premium firewall on Win7 at the moment.

http://supportforums.sunbeltsoftware.com/m...p;enterthread=y

Although there is a workaround, it creates a little security vulnerability to use it, and they expect(ed) a patch for this any day. Since the system on which I hope to install VIPRE Premium is my laptop, for which I depend on wifi, I may wait a while longer until they resolve this issue. It's been a while since I've used Sunbelt products, but the VIPRE GUI looks similar to what I remember. So, once I figure out how to configure the FW, hopefully it should run OK.

Thanks to both of you for the additional info.

I'll watch this thread closely and post back when I have a personal update from my systems.

Thanks again,

daledoc1