Malwarebytes/ IOBit

It's not. Your mean Security Check? Also site advisor has been going south for the past year. I use WOT...

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.3

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (UAC is enabled)

Internet Explorer 8

``````````````````````````````

Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Disabled!

AVG 9.0

ESET Online Scanner v3

a-squared Free 4.5

WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.

```````````````````````````````

Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

HijackThis 2.0.2

CCleaner

Java 6 Update 17

Out of date Java installed!

Adobe Flash Player 10

Adobe Reader 9.2

Out of date Adobe Reader installed!

````````````````````````````````

Process Check:

objlist.exe by Laurent

AVG avgwdsvc.exe

AVG avgtray.exe

AVG avgrsx.exe

AVG avgnsx.exe

AVG avgemc.exe

````````````````````````````````

DNS Vulnerability Check:

GREAT! (Not vulnerable to DNS cache poisoning)

``````````End of Log````````````

Why do you have Windows Firewall Disabled?

There are some older versions of Java on your computer. These can be a source of infection.

[javaicon.gif

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) - JRE 6 Update 20 -
  • Click the Download button to the right.
  • Select the Windows platform from the dropdown menu.
  • Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6u16 with JavaFX 1 License Agreement. Click on Continue.The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE or Java) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u120 -windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

• After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
    • On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
    • Next, click on the Delete Files button
    • There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
      • Applications and Applets
        Trace and Log Files

[*]Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window

Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.

[*]Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window

[*]Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

To test your Java Run-time, you may go to this page http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

When all is well, you should see Java Version: 1.6.0_20 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

Then Download the latest version of Adobe Reader at:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Why do you have Windows Firewall Disabled?

There are some older versions of Java on your computer. These can be a source of infection.

[javaicon.gif

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) - JRE 6 Update 20 -
  • Click the Download button to the right.
  • Select the Windows platform from the dropdown menu.
  • Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6u16 with JavaFX 1 License Agreement. Click on Continue.The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE or Java) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u120 -windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

• After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
    • On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
    • Next, click on the Delete Files button
    • There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
      • Applications and Applets
        Trace and Log Files

[*]Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window

Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.

[*]Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window

[*]Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

To test your Java Run-time, you may go to this page http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

When all is well, you should see Java Version: 1.6.0_20 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

Then Download the latest version of Adobe Reader at:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Have done all that :(

I have AVG9 firewall which disabled Windows one

I still get the Iobit 360 in my taskbar and when I try to delete it program files I get destination folder access denied/ It also tries to start up when my comp starts up

anything else I need to do?

thanks

Open Hijackthis (select Do a system scan only) and select the following lines but DO NOT CLICK FIX until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iObit Security 360] "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe" /autostart

Again, make sure ALL browser windows are closed when you click FIX.

Next

Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete this Folder (if present):

C:\Program Files\IObi

Let me know?

I forgot to give you the all clear speech and some tips.

Your Computer is Clean

CLEAN-1.jpg

Some final items:

Remove all but the most recent Restore Point on Windows XP

You should
to prevent possible reinfection from an old one.

Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore.

Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point.

Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to
"roll-back"
to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is
:
  • Go to
    Start
    >
    Programs
    >
    Accessories
    >
    System Tools
    and click "
    System Restore
    ".

• If the shortcut is missing you can also click on
    START
    >
    RUN
    > and type in
    %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    and click OK

• Choose the radio button marked "
    Create a Restore Point
    " on the first screen then click "
    Next
    ".

• Give the new Restore Point a name, then click "
    Create
    ".

• The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

• Then use the
    Disk Cleanup
    to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.

• Go to
    Start
    >
    Run
    and type:
    Cleanmgr.exe

• Select the drive where Windows is installed and click "
    Ok
    ". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.

• Click the "
    More Options
    " tab, then click the "
    Clean up
    " button under System Restore.

• Click Ok. You will be prompted with "
    Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?
    "

• Click
    Yes
    , then click Ok.

• Click
    Yes
    again when prompted with "
    Are you sure you want to perform these actions?
    "

• Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.

• On the
    Disk Cleanup
    tab, if the
    System Restore: Obsolete Data Stores
    entry is available remove them also.

• These are files that were created before Windows was reformatted or reinstalled. They are obsolete and you can delete them.

selectdrivecleanup.pngselectdrivecleanup1.png

Additional information

Microsoft KB article: How to turn off and turn on System Restore in Windows XP

Bert Kinney's site: All about Windows System Restore

Here are some additional links for you to check out to help you with your computer security.

Browsers

Just because your computer came loaded with Internet Explorer doesn't mean that you have to use it, there are other free alternatives, FIREFOX and OPERA, both are free to use and are more secure than IE.

If you are using firefox you can stay more secure by adding NoScript and WOT (Web Of Trust)

NoScript stops Java scripts from starting on a web page unless you give permission for them, and WOT (Web Of Trust) has a comprehensive list of ratings for different websites allowing you to easily see if a website that you are about to go to has a bad reputation; in fact it will warn you to check if you are sure that you want to continue to a bad website.

• Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
  • From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.
  • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
  • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
  • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
  • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
  • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
  • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
  • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button
  • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
  • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Additional Security Measures

Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

SpywareBlaster- SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

Cookienator- Scans your PC for tracking cookies in multiple browsers as well as in Adobe Flash.

Winpatrol Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.

Secunia software inspector & update checker

My Blog Malware And Spyware Tips

Also, see here for system improvement: Help! My computer is slow!

It was a pleasure working with you Jake.

6567E80CC55576485246E130E48A9FA8.png

Thanks for all your help

One last thing I downloaded No Script on firefox and allowed it to access cbs.sportsline.com but for season reason it wont work as its blocking something. Do I need No Script? Its stoping scoreboards with java working.

Cheers