Error Code 724 (0)

When I click on the "Quaratine" tab I get the following error message "Error Code 724 (0) just wondering how to possibly fix this and also I'm wondering if this is at all related to when I do fix selected the program starts fixing the files but then unexpextedly shuts down the computer and does a reboot

Pegasus

You may want to follow the directions here. You could have some type of Malware that attempts to shut down or remove anti-malware programs.

Pre-HJT Post Instructions

Then once done post the logs here

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Well I tried to run the Spybot program however that program comes up with an error message when trying to repair, it says "error in accessing delzip179.dll" and when I press ok it then comes up with the message "out of memory" and then when I click on ok for that message it goes back to the dll message and out of memory message. No matter how many times I click on ok for both messages I can't get the program to shutdown until I do the "CTRL-ALT-Delete" and end the process thru task manager.

The weird thing is that I can get Malware to work OK in safe mode. It finds malware and when I click fix it appears to fix them without shutting down the PC, as a matter of fact there were some registry quarantines it had to do so it gave the message I needed to restart in order to complete to complete the repair. However when I get the PC runinng in regular mode and do a malware search it comes up with the same problems.

At this point I'm not sure what to do, after all if I can't get Spybot to work correctly as instructed my options seem kind of limited. I guess I'll play around some more in safe mode and see if I can get Spybot to work correctly.

Pegasus

• 2 weeks later...
That's fine, please just create a post in the HJT forum and let us know that you attempted to run the scans as instructed but that it fails and either myself or someone else will be glad to assist you further.

Just as a FYI, if you want you can close out this thread. It took some doing but I was finally able to get rid of the malware. What I had to do is quite interesting. I got frustrated because I saw that in the pre-hut post instructions it said that a log file was needed from Panda but after 12 hours of scanning and only getting to 36% done I decided to check out the web for any bootable programs I could use to acces the C drive without loading up the windows on my system. I found a neat little program called UBCD4Win that makes a boot cd and has some helper files along with it so what I did was used Malwarebytes in regular windows and printed the file list that listed all known files and registry items that were infected. Next i shut down the computer and then rebooted using the boot cd UBCD4Win made and once that program was running I was able to delete all files and registry entries. Once I restarted this machine back into regular mode and ran Malwarebytes it came up with no files or registry entries infected :lol::lol:

Luckily I didn't have to resort to my last option which was trying to find a MS DOS system so that I could delete each file manually. It has been awhile since I had to deal with MS DOS, I think 5.0 was the last version I used and I would have had to dredge up old memories on which commands I could use.

You might want to check out UBCD4Win, it's a freeware program but I was only able to get it thru a torrent. For those people who know some things about a computer it would come in handy but I would not advise a novice to use it.

Pegasus

Luckily I didn't have to resort to my last option which was trying to find a MS DOS system so that I could delete each file manually. It has been awhile since I had to deal with MS DOS, I think 5.0 was the last version I used and I would have had to dredge up old memories on which commands I could use.

You would not have been able to access the partitions on your hard drive using DOS. The filesystems used by default in Windows 2000, Windows XP, and newer are completely different than the one that DOS can read. You would have had to use a BartPE disk (which is essentially what UBCD4Win is, although they have loaded a bunch of extra software on their version of BartPE).

• Root Admin

I've used UBCD4W for years and it's an excellent product but as you said it's a bit much for the average user as you need to have an OEM/RETAIL XP CD which some don't have. It really is pretty easy to make the CD but I think that due to the size of the instructions that many are just overwhelmed and don't attempt it. If one follows along slowly with the instructions though it is reasonably easy to make.