Time to Reconsider offering Manual Update download?

Time to Reconsider offering Manual Update download?

Hi;

Every now and then when Mbam upgrades to a new version we all hear about the updating problem errors. You'll have to go through a ton of testing/fixes..some who have not solved his/her problem with updates have either stopped or just turned their back away up until it's okay. Some go and find another malware solution.

Isn't it the time to offer users an alternative-updated-manual mbam rules update? There was a link I remember but it was not an updated one. Some AV companies do this I am wondering why can't mbam offer that alternative? Why is it not being considered?

Hi noknojon;

I'm sorry I must have confused you on my post. What I meant was "...for Mbam to provide a means for users to download mbam-updates via a link/associate link in/via the mbam website. If the auto-update or manual update (updating via the Update>Check for Updates) doesn't work it will be a great help/alternative to stay updated even if you get update errors.

"....Isn't it the time to offer users an alternative-updated-manual mbam rules update? There was a link I remember but it was not an updated one. Some AV companies do this..(Kaspersyky, Avira, FSecure, BitDefender, Superantispyware.. to name a few)..."

Pardon I must've confused you on this.

Thank you and regards:-)

I always do a manual update every morning just to be sure - It only takes 1-2 mins and shows if you are fully updated -

Thanks - :)

I think he means an update you can download straight from here. We have one, but it's always several days behind.

I think he means an update you can download straight from here. We have one, but it's always several days behind.

Hi buttons;

Thanks for the reply.

I do remember that link via your website and have used it before when I had trouble with 1.39. I still am wondering why (after a year+) is it not updated? If Mbam has this rules updated regularly(say, daily) then whenever some user has problems updating then he/she could always download it and paste it in the appropriate mbam-folder....

An updated-alternative to auto-updates would not surely hurt but rather would enhance more services(ease pressure/paranoia of not getting updated,etc..). Some people when they get updated-updates (whether direct or downloaded-separately/manually-installed) will not whine as long as they are up-to-date.