Reg Cure

noknojon

-

Is Reg Cure a half decent program , or just another one of those that find 150 errors and then ask for payment to fix them -

I do not have it on mine , but a friend likes it and keeps it on his - I just said Delete it -

It just seems like garbage to me - :)

It's a bunch of trash. I pirated it once and removed it soon after. Kept finding errors, but reported they were fixed. I'm not sure if they were new ones or the same. Personaly I wouldn't recommend it. If you google it with wot installed, then you'll see the site is poorly rated.

It's Paretologic, a company I'm not a big fan of at all.

Besides that, it's just another "registry fix-it tool", the majority of which I find quite useless. Not all "registry errors" can actually be fixed by deleting a key and I've yet to see a single one that had any sort of database for recognizing when an entry was simply incorrect (meaning it needed to be modified, not deleted). No tool can replace knowledge when it comes to editing the registry.

I think I tried their anti-virus once. A while back ago I tried infecting my spare computer(don't ask), after downloading it seemed legit and had huge download files. Like 70 megabytes it was downloading. And that happened 2-3 times that day! Not the best anti-virus I've seen. The only competition they got is Comodo. :P

I used regcure about 2 years ago,

When i ran it it found over 500 errors which i fixed, i then ran it again straight away and it found another couple of hundred errors..... which i fixed

I then ran it again straight away! and it found more errors!...... which i fixed

I then couldn't run it anymore :) because then computer died and wouldn't reboot.

Luckily though, it wasn't my computer :)

My 2 cents; Snake Oil.

In order for a registry cleaner to work effectively, it would have to launch every single application on your PC, and every document on your PC would have to be opened while the registry is being monitored for access to keys. Some of the unassociated CLSIDs/drivers/services/registered DLLs are not apparent until a program is actually running.

Any time I have ever tried any type of registry cleaner, there was never an improvement, and many times things broke.

Any time a PC has come into the shop with a registry cleaner installed (and most of the people install more than one, when they do install them) I cannot get things working 'just right' until the system is reloaded.

Usually, someone will suspect that their registry is somehow broken is when they encounter performance problems or error messages that they do not understand. The problems they encounter will most often be truly fixed by adding memory, updating applications, preventing unnecessary apps from starting when the system starts, or removing malware.

Excellent points PedroHin and I agree, and when registry fixing is necessary, it needs to be done manually on an entry by entry basis to correct whatever error may be at the heart of the issue (which is quite often actually just altering registry data, not simply deleting it the way these so called registry "fixing" programs do).

• 3 months later...

hi.very interesting point to be made here is that paretologic the vendors of regcure are in the comodo whitelist which is very disturbing.i recommend ccleaner from piriform.thank you.

Thanks All -

I removed the item from another computer (basic reason for 1st question) and told them it was crap -

CCleaner was installed and configured just to remove all the built up Temp files -

This question was merely needed to show them it was garbage -

Thanks for all the responses -

EDIT -

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/regcure-c4155.html

Note Tuneup Utilities advertises on that page :)Same Animal -

Guest remixed
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/regcure-c4155.html

Note Tuneup Utilities advertises on that page :(Same Animal -

Sorry noknojon, i beg to differ in regards to Tuneup Utilities. In my view it's one of the few decent utilities software out there :lol: