Please help a very tired novice! :-(

Hello MBAM Forum,

Was wondering if somebody could kindly help a very tired novice with a problem.

I have stayed up all night running MBAM scans, a full boot-time Avast scan and many others (please see below). I am so tired I can hardly type any more.

However, if you could find it in your heart to give me a few words of advice that would be much appreciated. I have done the GMER scan from the Avast board. I am still waiting on advice about that.

I would purely like to know if there is anything I can do to see if my system is infected.

Background:

I have found a virus-infected file on a USB stick. Neither Avast nor MBAM can detect it. Although, Avast now finds it as Win32: Gen-malware. It destroyed my friend's computer and he was running Avast and MBAM resident protection.

I became suspicious when I inserted the USB stick into my computer (whilst holding down the left shift key). The reason is that I saw an autorun file AND the culprit 'wyskq6lt.exe'.

- A full boot-time scan with Avast of my system: 0 files or folders infected

- A quick MBAM scan: No malicious software found.

- A quick SAS scan: No malicious software found.

- An express scan with Dr. Web Cure.IT: Nothing found

- A scan with Hitman Pro: found nothing

- A scan with ESET online scanner: found nothing

- HJT log analysed at www.hijackthis.de: No suspicious entries

How can I be sure that this piece of malware is not on my computer? What would you do?

Thanks!

Avastfan1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!