Windows Patch Question

chimpy

I noticed that my windows patches seem to have a interesting time getting installed when I looked in the event viewer, I got 9 patches on Tuesday and 90-95 entry's in the EV first stating several times that " Windows Servicing identified that package %1(%2) is not applicable for this computer" and then "Servicing has required reboot to complete the operation of setting package %1(%2) into %3(%4) state" all at the same time for each patch which, according to the EV took over 3 hours...!

They all installed fine but looking at the EV that cannot be normal procedure?

I could be wrong, but perhaps updates requiring a restart to fully install will count the time until you actually restart. For instance, you use Windows update, get the update installed, but then you need to restart for them to fully install. This could possibly account for the lengthy installation time observed in the event viewer.