My first Scan

Hi, I must say this is indeed quite a lot.

I suggest you let the scan finish and before you execute the cleaning, post the log file.

Have you never installed any Antivirus application ?

when i clicked remove the files, this happened

runtimeerror.jpg

what do i do now? does it mean malwarebytes wont work for me?

Hi, I must say this is indeed quite a lot.

I suggest you let the scan finish and before you execute the cleaning, post the log file.

Have you never installed any Antivirus application ?

Pretty much sounds like he hasn't...

"Ive never installed programs before and never had anti protection"

The overflow is probably caused because there are too many items.

Have you by any chance, saved a log file ? It would help the Experts.

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

thanks guys, i d/l that microsoft security thing and it worked really well, the annoying windows vista security thing has gone thank god i can actually use my pc without 10 million pop ups per second telling me i have to purchase their software,

did i really set a record?? im impressed!!

AV software is extremely important, Danny. You still need to visit the Malware removal forum to see what may have been on your system. Since you've gone unprotected for three years and had over 30,000 detections by Malwarebytes, who knows what is on there.

Antimalware protection is recommended as well, and I do recommend a purchase of Mawarebytes Anti-Malware if you are able to. It's a one-time cost of $24.95 for one home user, and if you have more than one machine to protect at home, there are discounts available for multiple license purchases. It also gets along quite well with Microsoft Security Essentials, although the paid version of Mbam in XP does need exclusions added. In Vista/7, these exclusions aren't usually needed but can't hurt. Malwarebytes is a great partner with your anti-virus software :D

Exclusion directions for excluding Mbam from MSE can be found here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?a...&pid=181018

AV software is extremely important, Danny. You still need to visit the Malware removal forum to see what may have been on your system. Since you've gone unprotected for three years who knows what is on there.

Antimalware protection is recommended as well, and I do recommend a purchase of Mawarebytes Anti-Malware if you are able to. It's a one-time cost of $24.95 for one home user, and if you have more than one machine to protect at home, there are discounts available for multiple license purchases. It gets along quite well with Microsoft Security Essentials. Malwarebytes is a great partner with your anti-virus software :D

thanks mountaintree16, im purchasing the full version now, i think the one off fee is very reasonable and definately worth it just for the help i have recieved here today, thanks to everyone gor helping me, =]

You are most welcome, Danny :D

If you have any questions about the program or anything else, please feel free to post!

That being said, please make a post here if you have not already :o

• 1 year later...