Falkra

[fixed] aclui.dll as Malware.Packer.Gen

Hello, :)

a MBAM user submitted this to me.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45

www.malwarebytes.org

Version de la base de donn

aclui.zip

I get 0 hits online for that MD5 13C9CD0C8E0BA3F12AF403663B657CE8 , let me see if I can figure out why .

Fixed in the next update . Is there any reason this app does not use the version of aclui.dll already in XP ? For the version attached I also cannot find any data online about the file name + version number , very strange for a MS dll .

That's strange, I tried on my computer, unzipping the file to a desktop folder, and scanning with db 3986 from context menu, and it was positive too.

I asked the user (Nanotek) for details.

Fixed in the next update . Is there any reason this app does not use the version of aclui.dll already in XP ? For the version attached I also cannot find any data online about the file name + version number , very strange for a MS dll .

I posted at the same moment, so I didn't see your last answer. Thanks a lot ! :)

The program uses (or used if it's an older version) it's own dlls perhaps, or carried one.

Now, it looks like it does use xp's dlls, I tried the program on a XP VM and it didn't install to program files or some other folder.

Nanotek confirmed, everything is ok now.

Thanks Nosirrah.