Windows blocking MBAM at start up - MBAM Version 1.45

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

If MBAM found something that it needed to delete on reboot from a scan then you will get this prompt the next time you reboot, you should allow it to run. If you still get the prompt then please do the following:

• Please open C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware and right click on mbamgui.exe and select Properties.
    • Note: on 64 bit versions of Windows it will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

[*]Click on the Compatibility tab and look under Privelage Level

[*]Make sure the box next to Run this program as an administrator is not checked and if it is, uncheck it and click Apply

[*]Click the Show settings for all users button on the bottom and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt

[*]Make sure that none of the boxes are checked and if they are, uncheck them and click Apply then click OK to each of the properties windows to close them

[*]Reboot your computer and see if the issue still persists

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Hi,

I recently downloaded MBAM v. 1.45 for both my laptop and my desktop after getting hit with the nasty Vista 2010 virus on my desktop. After running it in safe mode and clearing out most of the virus, I ran a scan again to double check. The lone item remaining is a Rootkit, which my Avast also continues to detect, though seems incapable of getting rid of. After restarting my computer I encounter the same problem mentioned above, that Windows prevents MBAM from running at startup, thus preventing the removal of the virus. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled MBAM to no avail. I also tried what was suggested in the post above, but found none of the boxes checked off, and checking them, restarting, and unchecking them did not solve the problem either. I am so grateful for this program for providing a free and easy to use way to save my computer from disaster, but was wondering if you have any other suggestions on how to remove the remaining virus.

Thanks again.

Hello alpha1234, :(

As we don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow the directions below.

• Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
    One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • Please be patient as the experts can get a bit busy. Please try not to reply your topic within the first 48 hours, as the expert helpers will try to find the topics which has a 0 reply count first. If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply for asking help again.

Alternatively, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org(if you are a paying customer, you can include your order numbers, so it will be prioritized).

Thank You :(