Can not turn on MBAM.

Last evening I installed ESET Smart Security version 4.2.40. because I got a free license. During installation I had the MBAM Realtime disabled. Now I can not turn the protection module back on. I don't get any error, just won't let me click the box.

This is on a month old Toshiba laptop, with W7 64bit. Does these two not play together or is there a problem with ESET? What can I do if anything to turn MBAM back on, other than remove ESET?

You could try adding the following files to the exclusions section in Eset:

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

* C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

* C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Heres a knowledgebase article on how to do that:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN560

Please do the following to see if it corrects the problem:

• Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let me know how it goes.

Update, so far MBAM and ESET seem to be working fine together. No problems as yet. I ran CCleaner and got a few leftover bits and all is well so far. Going to make a backup DVD. :)